Cozee

Tandy Leather

Tandy has a sale on Craftsman Oak tooling sides till the end of January. Being a newbie I am still learning leather. Should I go buy one or two? It is 3-4 oz. averaging 22-27 sq. ft.

Edited by Cozee

I'm guessing that you are close enough to your "local" tandy to go see the leather in person. 3-4 is pretty thin but if the leather is in good shape buy whatever you are comfortable spending. I know that there will probably be other opinions but still being relatively new myself I know i've burned through quite a bit while trying to figure things out so to summarize.....whatever the wife will let you get :)

Horn

If it were riding weather it would be local but since it isn't, it is a little over an hour and a half in a cage to get there. Would 3-4 work for biker masks? Especially if they were lined?

I really couldn't say. I'd pm a couple of the guys in the biker gear section of the forum for a real world answer to that. Plan to try and make one or more at some point but so far I've only done one wetformed dio de las whatever "style" of mask myself.

Horn