KI4WLG

A Carolina Country Boy Is Looking To Learn

Hey howdy!

I stumbled across this place thanks to Google and it's amazing searching powers. I am looking to give leather work a try. Specifically I think I want to learn the art of tooling and making stuff out of tooled leather. I have a tendency to bounce around from hobby to hobby and this is where I'm landing now. I think this could be one I stick with if I find I have the knack for it since I have a lot of friends from my horse riding and showing days in college; and a couple I've talked to about this stuff have expressed interest in having me do some work for them.

So anyways, I have never done any of this before and want to give it a try. Any advice is welcome, I'm going to post some questions I already have in the right places on here so this is just the intro. But about me in general, I'm 25, live in Charleston, SC and am a Christian country cowboy who lives in the 'burbs. Pretty much sums me up.

-KI4WLG

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway." -John Wayne

Rev. 22:1-4

Well, you're definitely in the right place!!!! This site is one of, if not THE, biggest sources of leather working knowledge on the planet.

Welcome to Leatherworker.net!

When you get to main page of the forums, you'll see a lot of categories. Pick one and get to reading. There's so much here that it gets a little hard to fathom. We have a lot of amateurs, quite a few novices, and are blessed with some of the masters of the craft that generously share their knowledge with the rest of us.

Recommended reading topics: Getting Started, How do I do That, Sheridan/Floral, and Figure Carving. In each category, there will be a number of "Pinned" topics that the staff here deemed VERY informative, and marked for easy location.

You can also browse the Gallery to get an idea of what kind of things you'd like to produce. When you have a question, feel free to ask, and we'll help out when we can.