Nathan

Simple vest project for new leatherworker

I am interested in making a simple leather vest for Ren Fest and then continuing with the hobby if I enjoy it. Any suggestions for vest resources in particular? I would like to stay as accurate to the period as is feasible. Again, something simple, at this time I am not too worried about tooling or carving although down the road that might change. I have seen the other posts for beginners so no need to repost the general "getting started" websites. I also plan to visit a Tandy store as soon as I can make the time, it's an hour and a half away. Any vest related direction or resources would be much appreciated, as well as general info for a beginner.

Thanks all!

Hey Nathan, Welcome to the Board!

Tandy has some pattern kits for simple vests. They should be just right for just starting out. You'll be able to modify them to be a little more RenFest specific, easily.

If you see a vest in the local Goodwill type store, just buy it, and then take it apart. You'll be able to figure it, I'm sure.

Also, do some searches here on this Forum, there are many RenFest people here, and some very good examples. Good Luck, and don't forget to post pix of your work once it gets going.