Sign in to follow this  
Gheechee

Looking For A Billfold Wallet Making Book

I once had a book on the making of wallets and billfolds and lent it to someone to copy and never got it back. I recall it didn't have many fotocarve patterns, but that is no poblem because I make my own from a few Stolman books I have now. I've checked Tandy, Zack White Leather Amazon, Halfbooks dot com and e-bay to no avail. Can anyone steer me in a new direction? I would gratly appreciate it.

Thank you

Gheechee

I once had a book on the making of wallets and billfolds and lent it to someone to copy and never got it back. I recall it didn't have many fotocarve patterns, but that is no poblem because I make my own from a few Stolman books I have now. I've checked Tandy, Zack White Leather Amazon, Halfbooks dot com and e-bay to no avail. Can anyone steer me in a new direction? I would gratly appreciate it.

Thank you

Gheechee

Tandy sold some books/collections by F.O. Baird that had billfold directions. Beth Berry also sold a book of hers that had billfold's in it. Or you could use a kit instruction sheet. They gave the images of interior pieces. Of course, there are several companies that make quite nice inserts that only require you carve a back.

Mike

Thank you

Gheechee

Amazon.com has shows three available (at this point) titles of F.O. Baird...maybe one of these is what you're after. To avoid sticker shock, you might try getting the book in electronic form.

Leather Art by F.O. Baird (1949)

Leather Secrets by F. O. Baird

Design Artistry: A portfolio of original designs and how to design your own by F. O. Baird (1977)