Sign in to follow this  
Spinner

Tank Bib

Here's the first 2 progress shots of a tank bib I am doing for Jen's bike. We're sticking with the dragon theme, the bib will be pretty basic, a basket weave will run down the sides, the tooled dragon will be mid way between her phone/wallet pocket (not shown yet) and the speedo. Main reason I wanted to show it was the new colors I found for dying solid color area. The red of the dragon was done with something I found at the local art store today called Jacquard Neopaque. It's a concentrated textile dye used for anything from t-shirts to wood & leather. http://www.jacquardproducts.com/products/paints/neopaque/ it brushed on nice and smooth and left a deep, vibrant red that super sheen went over with no bleeding or issues. There are 13 colors available and they can be mixed.

DSC00117.jpg

DSC00118.jpg

Once the pocket and lacing are done, I'll post an update.

~Chris

Edited by Spinner

Looks great so far. Interesting paint also, may have to try that out.

Looks great so far. Interesting paint also, may have to try that out.

Thanks MadMax, the paint quality is excellent so far and I'll definitely be using it some more...

Here's a better quality shot showing one side with the round braid that I am doing on the sides.

DSC00119.jpg