bison

Spur Straps From Shelly Ligget's Blanks

I've had these done for a while and am just getting around to posting them. I made these spur straps from russet and chestnut HO blanks I bought from Shelly Ligget. They're a nice thick leather with a very smooth flesh side. The clicker cut blanks were nice to work with and the leather was pretty even in color and quality. Of course, it was easy to tool, being Hermann Oak. I created and tooled the designs for these and just dyed the background and antiqued...finished with Clear-Lac. These are unlined.

Shelly was great to work with, the blanks were reasonably priced, and arrived pretty quick. I'll be ordering more!

Any critiques are always welcomed.

Dave

post-14241-010802900 1323029016_thumb.jp

post-14241-035724600 1323029025_thumb.jp

post-14241-015210200 1323029199_thumb.jp

post-14241-098398500 1323029208_thumb.jp

Thanks for the kind words. yep, just PM her here or e-mail her. There is a thread you can look up where she has pics of the different styles. Just search for "clicker cut spur straps".

Dave

I've had these done for a while and am just getting around to posting them. I made these spur straps from russet and chestnut HO blanks I bought from Shelly Ligget. They're a nice thick leather with a very smooth flesh side. The clicker cut blanks were nice to work with and the leather was pretty even in color and quality. Of course, it was easy to tool, being Hermann Oak. I created and tooled the designs for these and just dyed the background and antiqued...finished with Clear-Lac. These are unlined.

Shelly was great to work with, the blanks were reasonably priced, and arrived pretty quick. I'll be ordering more!

Any critiques are always welcomed.

Dave

Really nice job! I really like it!

may i ask what do you call "blanks"?

is that the stitched part hiding the "ball of the spur" on the side?

and may i ask another question :

how do you do that so that it hides the side ball of the spur but still allowes the "ball" to fit in?

Thanks

Aurelie