Eldorado

Different Colors Of Deer Tanned Cowhide?

Hello all,

I'm looking for a soure of deertanned cowhide in different colors. I can easily get black, gold/saddle tan, and natural/off-white from Tandy (and it seems alot of other places), but I'd like to find some other colors. Specifically I'm hunting for some browns (light or dark) and maybe even some other options. I've looked around and see that most places carry the same as Tandy, if they carry any at all.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Eldorado

www.TudorRoseLeather.com

Hello, try www.hidehouse.com lots of different leathers. also they have a great catalog. www.glacierwear.com lots of fur hides and deer , elk , etc.

You can also try The Leather Guy. They too carry lots of different seathers and colors. Also try some of their Bison, nice stuff, with a feel like Deer Tanned Cowhide but; thicker.

Bob

You can also try The Leather Guy. They too carry lots of different seathers and colors. Also try some of their Bison, nice stuff, with a feel like Deer Tanned Cowhide but; thicker.

Bob

Thanks very much. I'll give them a try. I sure do like the feel of Bison, though I'm told we have a Bison shortage at the moment, driving up prices. Any truth to that rumor?

Can't say for sure 'bout a shortage of "them big shaggies", but; the last time I purchased bison, I got a full side of rust colored 4/5 oz. leather for just under $100. I made these chinks out of it, and have enough left to make a second pair. Or maybe, when I get a second order for them, I will just get another side and have enough left to make a pair of fullsized pair for myself.

Bob

post-8161-013349200 1297181018_thumb.jpg

Can't say for sure 'bout a shortage of "them big shaggies", but; the last time I purchased bison, I got a full side of rust colored 4/5 oz. leather for just under $100. I made these chinks out of it, and have enough left to make a second pair. Or maybe, when I get a second order for them, I will just get another side and have enough left to make a pair of fullsized pair for myself.

Bob

Very nice, I'll bet they're soft and comfortable. Where did you get the Bison for that particular pair?

Very nice, I'll bet they're soft and comfortable. Where did you get the Bison for that particular pair?

The leather for these came from 'the leather guy'. Makes it a point to tell me how much she likes them every time I see her.

Bob

You can try Moscow Hide and Fur http://www.hideandfur.com/

Thanks very much.

The leather for these came from 'the leather guy'. Makes it a point to tell me how much she likes them every time I see her.

Bob

I checked The Leather Guy and he seems to be offering prices just above wholesale. He does have bison and deertan cowhide in brown. The price right now for 33 sq ft of bison is only $3.50 or so. That's almost as good as Tandy wholesale for deertan. Have you found their customer service and shipping to be reasonable?

Thanks very much.

I checked The Leather Guy and he seems to be offering prices just above wholesale. He does have bison and deertan cowhide in brown. The price right now for 33 sq ft of bison is only $3.50 or so. That's almost as good as Tandy wholesale for deertan. Have you found their customer service and shipping to be reasonable?

Ordered it one day two days later it was at my door.

Bob