TacticallySharp

Bench Sheath For J. Cook Custom Round Knife

I finally made the plung, ordered a custom round knife from Jeff Cook and it needed a home. So I made a quick sheath out of some scrape leather that was laying around my table. 13 oz., 3 layers, hand sewned and rubbed with some Fiebing's Hi-Liter over some Tan dye, and treated with Auzzie to protect it.

Quick, simple and fast.

post-22369-096843600 1313977061_thumb.jp

post-22369-004649700 1313977078_thumb.jp

post-22369-092673500 1313977135_thumb.jp

Edited by TacticallySharp

Don't cha just LOVE custom work?? I find as I get older and more experienced it this trade all I want is custom tools.

I love my tools also! This knife has become my go to Knife on the bench. As a bladesmith, that does some leathercrafting, I know a good knife when I see it. This knife is very special. Jeff Cook really out did himself with this one. This is my first cobalt knife and it is really sharp and keeps it's edge. I strop it before and after each use, I love taking care of it.

I should try stroping... what did you pay for this knife?

I should try stroping... what did you pay for this knife?

With customization, brass, horn, and graphite spacers. Pistol style handle (I have a problem with my hand muscles, they are shrinking, which effects my control of most tools. Both J Cook and B King have created custom tools for me) A pattern side and a round side on the blade. Custom hardwood handle with shipping was less than 300$.

You more than likely can get one for less if your requirements are less than my needs.

Jeff's knives are well worth the money and being made from cobalt will last a life time. I will past it down when i no longer can use it. My youngest daughter has her eyes on it.