Ok so I had some one ask me what Sheridan finish was so I told them my way and other's I have seen done, what's your way how do you do it

Josh

Ok so I had some one ask me what Sheridan finish was so I told them my way and other's I have seen done, what's your way how do you do it

Josh

Hi Josh. I have a feeling that you're gonna get a few different methods here, but the few times I've done Sheridan finish, I did this:

1.) A nice coat of Neatsfoot oil. Let even out and dry.

2.) A coat of Neatlac. Let dry.

3.) A heavy coat of Fiebings Sheridan Antique Paste. Wipe off excess. Let dry overnight.

4.) A very light coat of Supersheen, dabbed or patted on with soft, slightly damp sponge (Wiping it on smears the Antique paste a bit). Let dry. Another light coat of Supersheen, applied same was as first coat. Let dry. Third slightly heavier coat of Supersheen applied with very slightly damened sponge. Let dry.

The hardest part is having the patience to let everything dry between steps.

Hilly

Edited by Hilly

This topic has been discussed at length on a few other threads, but simply stated:

1. oil and let dry

2. apply resist and let dry

3. apply antique paste, let sit a few minutes, wipe off excess

4. use clean wool pad to smooth and clean up the highlights

5. apply final finish, TanKote, usually. Some use Neatlac.

By the way, Tankote will remove the antique from the smooth areas if it has dried on. Water works just as well, I've noticed. I usually take a wet sponge and wipe the antique off the highlights and then use a paper towel to dry it.

Edited by Go2Tex

Well now I am glad to here this, it is spot on with what I said but that having been said , I new and have read most of those old threads but for the sake of some new comers I thought we could rehash it a bit and you now I thought that I would be informed of some new or alternet ways, what great site it's like a open book of help, how do I do that, oh that's

How LOL any way thanks guys

Josh

Edited by jbird