Haven't posted anything in a while. These aren't for sale...I wanted to put a picture up for you to take a look at and give some feedback. Positive or negative, please comment. I'd like to know what you think--good or bad--and why. Any feedback's appreciated. Both are crosscut with a border stamp. Hermann Oak premium leather--tanned in the USA--dual-layer/doubled and stitched with solid brass buckles and Chicago screws. Both 1 1/2" in width, and 1/4" thick. The top one is black cherry, and the bottom is black.

5527665310_8729038131_z.jpg

Looks super great IMHO. Cant find anything wrong with them. The HO is a great choice. Its either that or WandC for me. Your design looks great, coloring great, construction great. I like my edges more rounded myself but thats just a personal preference.

I would have to say, in my opinion, those belts look fully awesome, Bruce. What are the leather layer weights, and how did you treat the buckle fold area? Are both layers thinned at the fold, or is the liner dropped at the actual fold-over?

Thanks for sharing.

Micah

Beautiful. The depth of the stamping is impressive. Looks like you used a 10 pound sledge :)

The belts look great, love em!

Looks like the edges could use a little more rubbing, but I'm being nit picky now.......thanks for sharing.

Those are awesome. Very cool with the cross hatching and border.

I like the double keeper on the black on too. Can I ask where you get

your buckles. Been lookin for that style but I can't find good ones.

Agian awesome job

C.J.

Thank you, everybody. The leather weight is 7/8 oz.

Micah, I split the liner down to 3/4 oz. at the buckle/fold, and leave the face full thickness.

Shooter...LMAO! Don't tell anybody!

Rayban...You're right, and I'm workin' on 'em. I'm gonna try Bob Park's method. He's got it goin' on.

C.J...Thank you. I wish I could take credit for the double keepers, but the customer gets that. The buckles are from Weaver. www.LeatherSupply.com. I've dealt with them for years, and highly recommend.

Looks great to me! I'd like to see a photo of the back of the buckle area, if you'd care to share. Very nice!

Bruce,

Those belts are great. They are 10x better than than what anyone can buy who don't buy custom. They are made from good leather, and well done. If there were any flaws, you don't need to ask any of us. You are better than most, and already know the answers for any critiqueing. All I know is they are beautiful. As usual, good job.

A lot of time in those and it shows, I wish my skills were that well rounded. Hats off to you!

Looks great to me! I'd like to see a photo of the back of the buckle area, if you'd care to share. Very nice!

I think this is what you're looking for...

5527533234_9ab7bfc464_z.jpg

Bruce,

Those belts are great. They are 10x better than than what anyone can buy who don't buy custom. They are made from good leather, and well done. If there were any flaws, you don't need to ask any of us. You are better than most, and already know the answers for any critiqueing. All I know is they are beautiful. As usual, good job.

Thank you, sir. I still have a lot of room for improvement, but you made my day.

VERY. VERY NICE!!

bruce i love those i hope that i can make a product that gorgeous one day! quick question where did you aquire the black cherry dye and how did you apply it and mayyybee what did you use for a finish? lol i just LOVE how they came out greaty work very inspring sir

Very nice belts. Looks like top-shelf quality products to me.

Bruce great work, I love the belt and the design.

Those are great, Bruce. Where do you get the Black Cherry dye from? I tried an internet search and wasn't successful.

Haven't posted anything in a while. These aren't for sale...I wanted to put a picture up for you to take a look at and give some feedback. Positive or negative, please comment. I'd like to know what you think--good or bad--and why. Any feedback's appreciated. Both are crosscut with a border stamp. Hermann Oak premium leather--tanned in the USA--dual-layer/doubled and stitched with solid brass buckles and Chicago screws. Both 1 1/2" in width, and 1/4" thick. The top one is black cherry, and the bottom is black.

5527665310_8729038131_z.jpg

I like em, damn I am still waiting for my new Cowboy 4500 sewing machine.... then I will get stuck into making belts

Terry

Rayban...You're right, and I'm workin' on 'em. I'm gonna try Bob Park's method. He's got it goin' on.

Bob's method is excellent. At least some of my edges look like his. But I don't use the Weaver machine (which costs a pretty penny). I turned a couple of grooved cylinders and mounted them on an old bench grinder. I think the lower-speed models would work the best.

I've also turned some small cylinders that I've mounted for use in my old foredom shaft tool. That works GREAT.

tk

I think I saw four or five questions on the "black Cherry" dye.

No answer!

Guess that must be a trade secret?

Great, great work. My hats off to you. Course I'm also in the house and my hats always off.

You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

Kevin

I tried to find if Fiebings had black cherry.....I came up empty everywhere I looked.....closest I've come is mahogany in pro oil....(which is the only thing I'll use.)