Hilly

Attack Site!

I keep getting this message on this site. What's up with this? What can I do to stop these annoying messages? I haven't changed any settings on my computer since the last time I was here, and it worked just fine.

I get the same thing, but only if I'm running FireFox not IE. Not sure if it picked up something from this site, even though it say's there haven't been any. Or it could be a problem with FireFox, not sure of eather yet. Anyone else have the same problem?

Hilly,

This is one of the issues when you let everyone have input into a designation as an attack site. Johanna is working on it. They have a process to release the status of the site. I would imagine that it takes some time. I only get it with my Firefox browser. IE doesn't register it. Of course the way around it in Firefox is to go to Tools Option and under the Security tab uncheck the "Block reported attack sites". However I would not recommend this as a fix because it then opens you up to real threats.

Regards,

Ben

I agree, don't change your FireFox settings. My internet security shut down an attack from a place in Germany when this started to happen.

Apparently Google has a problem with the adserver, which we built and maintain. The site is clean, the server is clean, and I have disabled the ads until Google gives us the "all clear". No computers are in danger. LW will notharm your system despite the dire warnings from Firefox and Google. This is a screwup from some of the work we did earlier today that is causing Google to mis classify the site. All should be well in a few hours, or so they say.

Johanna

I know Leatherworker.net is not an attack site. I just wondered why all the annoying messages? Now I know, and it's already stopped.

I dumped IE a while back, and have never looked back. Too many security issues with it. I run with Firefox exclusively.

And thank you so much Johanna and others who work to keep this the best place on the web. I really appreciate all you do for us! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

I'm running Chrome and that's where I was getting the Warnings from. It was/is intermittent. So, it's not a problem with Firefox, just Google.

Spence,

Actually Firefox uses the same ad-blocking services that Google uses as well. It is a partnership with Google, Firefox, SunBelt, NSFocus and PayPal. They also utilize information sent in by users as well when they perceive an attack site. Then they perform some investigation and see if it is an issue and mark it accordingly.

If you are interested. Here's a web site that can give you some more understanding.

Stop Badware

Regards,

Ben