I am looking for a Dragoon holster pattern. Does anyone know where I can find this pattern? Thanks

Which model Dragoon do you want it for? DO you have a style in mind? I have some patterns for the Dragoon I will dig them up. PM me. Also the Percussion Pattern Pack from Tandy ( Downloadable from Tandy leathercraft library) Has some that can be modified to fit the Dragoon.

Hey fellers, here are some Walker / Dragoon holster patterns I've had sitting on the shelf.

Remember: if prompted set the Page Scaling to NONE. These are on 11 x 17 Tabloid sheets.

Enjoy,

Jim

California Patterns Walker- Dragoon.pdf

post-141-0-92826300-1426956312_thumb.jpg

Thanks Jim. I really appreciate the patterns. I see that they are alterable so I will experiment to see what I can come up with. Thanks again.

R,

Stan

Virginian Southron

Amazing patterns as always Jim, will those patterns work if I print them out a little bit downsized to fit Colt Navy/Army ?

Bruno, the short answer is NO. Not no but Oh heck no.

I have patterns just for the Colt Navy and Army posted at the top of the Gunleather section.

Jim

Edited by Jim

I thought so, was just a crazy and dumb idea :) I have made a California Slim Jim out of them, just wanted to make another one unlined out of those dragoon/walker patterns.

Let me tell you a story.

Once upon a time, a feller brought me a .32 caliber Colt Sheriffs model. He says "Can you make me holster for this?" I says "Sure thing pardner."

Well, I take my tried and true pattern for the Colt Navy and scaled it down. (Didn't measure or nothing,) and said "This'll work.

What I wound up with is real fancy screw driver case cuz that's all that would fit in it.

The moral to the story: KNOW, don't GUESS!

And don't do stupid stuff like me.

And now you know.

Jim,

Thanks for the idea on the fancy screwdriver case, I have one or two under my bench! Didn't know what to use me for. I now use your 1" strap method and don't miss to often unless I have a brain fart.

Friend,

I'm trying hard to picture a ".32 caliber Colt Sheriffs model"...

Are we talking about a .31 caliber Cap-and-Ball?, a Peacemaker in .32-20? A .32 Colt Pocket Positive or a .32ACP 1903 Semi-Auto?

I'm drawing a blank mental picture.

​…..RVM45

Edited by RVM45

Well, he called it a Sheriffs Model. I just know it was a little bitty bugger. BUT bigger than a screw driver.

Great patterns Jim. Thanks for posting them.

Tom

Besides, I like Jim's better! I got smart (for a change) and copied it down onto poster board and saved it...now if I can just find it...

Edited by Lizardo