Well, they're not 100% my work, as I did them with help at Carl Chappell's boot school, but still. It was an AWESOME class, I learned tons, and I feel well-equipped to take on my next pair, so I highly recommend it. :)

DSC01211.JPG

DSC01210.JPG

post-2047-1214193573_thumb.jpg

post-2047-1214193672_thumb.jpg

Edited by chocolateducttape

Wow, nice work. Your first pair? Awesome, just awesome.... :You_Rock_Emoticon:

When I was in school, I really liked making the boots when I went to school. Made two pairs. They're certainly not new any more. Nor did I do any top stitching. A nice pair of custom boots fit real nice and comfortable too. Nice work, keep it up and get busy making another pair. Thats the best way. Get the equipment you need, at least a table top for doing to tops, most towns have a shoe repairs that has a sole stitcher and finisher.

Nice work

:jawdropper: Your first pair!?!?! Excellent work. I love the stallion head motif.  Great potential trademark. I am speechless.  Those boots shine they truely shine!

Storm

WoW! Those are beautiful! I don't have the guts to try anything like that quite yet .... OUTSTANDING !!

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Definitely ready to take on your next pair! Wish my name was on the order ticket for the next pair.

Just one personal request...add a spur ridge to the heel.

Brave choice of color for a first pair...and worked out perfect. Detailing is excellent. Very nice work.

Where is that School?

those are great I wish I could make boots! :notworthy:

For a first pair of boots, those things have sole!! (Someone hadda say it :head_hurts_kr: )

Very nice pair. Wear them with pride.

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

*jaw drop* These are simply incredible boots. And for your FIRST pair? Just amazing... I wish I owned a pair of boots like that!!

I also wish there were schools or classes for this kind of thing here (well, actually, for ANY form of leatherworking!!), as its a craft I'd love to learn if I was able to!

Very nice work. Big House Daddy sells a book on boot making among lots of other stuff. I have not seen or read it just threw it out there for the info.

love them.. can't wait to see more boots from you and just amazing on the first time out... you are talented

Sorry it took me so long to notice your post. Great looking pair of boots. :clapping:

I took Carl's class in June of 2006. It was fun and I learned alot. I went through the class with John and Alese who stayed on to help Carl with Trailtown Custom Boots. Shortly after completing the class, I drifted off into Custom Gun Leather where I remain today.

I was looking over my boot making supplys last week, I just might have to start another pair. Thanks for the inspiration.

Randy

A very classy finnish on the soles. I would have never had time to do that when I was repairing boots.

Howdy

Great pair of boots. Wow. I'm still trying to build my first pair. I have the 11D last and have to get of course a lot of other items.

Lasting pliers, stand, etc.

I was able to buy a finishing stand that has all the polishing brushes and sander wheels. thats a start. I hope I can go to Carls school this spring or summer, but I dont know if I can get off work.

Keep up the great work.

Buster

I've missed this post too, sorry!

Boots look great, I can't really say I like the pink colour but looking past my pref they look really beautiful. Seems like very small and neat stitching, maybe a little late now but a close-up of stitching would have been very nice to see.

Tom

Congrats on a very nice pair of boots! I have visited Carl in St Jo and meet him at the boot and saddle makers round up in Wichita Falls, he is a nice guy and that he is a good teacher is obvious for all who can see your boots.

Keep up the good work and please post your second pair.

Wow!! Nice boots!!! I would have never thought of Tooling the Sole Leather!! Nice touch!! I have been repairing boots for a year, my business partner has been in the business for 35 years and has made boots as well. You have sparked another interest for me!

Thanks for posting those. Is you next pair ready for photos yet!!! LOL!!!

Rick J.

NICE Boots!

I'm glad you posted those pics.

Happy tooling

Tim