Oz Hunter

Suitability Of A Consew 206Rb-2

I make protective breastplates and collars for hunting dogs, using a combination of seatbelt (up to 4 layers), rubber-backed canvas firehose and 3-4mm thick leather. Straps are usually PVC coated nylon. The overall thinkness of material being sewn is no more than 1/2 an inch (12.5cm). I have the opportunity to purchase a Consew 206RB-2 for a great price. Is this machine suitable for my intended works or should I look at something else? I have a budget of about $1700 to drop on a machine however the less I spend means the more left over for other toys!

I have a 206RB-5. You aren't going to sew i/2" with these machines. Three eighths is max.

ferg

I make protective breastplates and collars for hunting dogs, using a combination of seatbelt (up to 4 layers), rubber-backed canvas firehose and 3-4mm thick leather. Straps are usually PVC coated nylon. The overall thinkness of material being sewn is no more than 1/2 an inch (12.5cm). I have the opportunity to purchase a Consew 206RB-2 for a great price. Is this machine suitable for my intended works or should I look at something else? I have a budget of about $1700 to drop on a machine however the less I spend means the more left over for other toys!

You'll need a bigger machine for that. Something in the 441 class, but a used 7 class might do. You'll need to talk to AL or Darren as they have better knowledge of what's available in your area.

Art

I gotta ask about your budget. $1700 for a machine that won't do what you want or $ 2,500 and it will do more?

What is $800 over...say 14 years,,,? $5.00 per MONTH. And that's is if it's worth NOTHING in the end!

Buy the 441 clone of your choosing...cowboy 441, Dream machine 441 or any other.

The cost of the machine is not the important factor... Learning time, Thread, learning time, needles, learning time.. oh I said that before.

My time is important...want to learn several machines?

Buy the right one first!

Kevin