supercub

Finish For Rough Out Holster

As another project made from remnants from the scrap bin, I recently put together an IWB with the rough side out. On most other projects I usually finish with Neetsfoot oil and Mop N Glo topcoat or dye and Neat lac. I'm not sure how to finish the rough out portion of this holster to retain the outer texture while still protecting the leather- any suggestions?

post-40965-0-91732700-1369243786_thumb.j

You could use a product like Nanonext Nano Suede Sealant or other spray on suede sealers. For the most part a pocket holster like that does not really need anything. It will over time become somewhat burnished just through use. If you are concerned about exposure to heavy sweating then seal but also if it does get dampened by sweat blot it dry as much as posible this will help keep th salts from sweat from building up .

Good suggestions, thanks guys.

When I do them I use the same process as your "normal" procedure. NF Oil, then 50/50 Mop-N-Glo. It's done fine for me.

I occasionally make roughout holsters, . . . and I just give them a coat of Resolene just like the regular ones.

They are a bit abrasive at first, . . . but they are also protected, . . . which is more important to me for my customer and his long term relationship with the product I produced.

May God bless,

Dwight

Agreed.

tk

I occasionally make roughout holsters, . . . and I just give them a coat of Resolene just like the regular ones.

They are a bit abrasive at first, . . . but they are also protected, . . . which is more important to me for my customer and his long term relationship with the product I produced.

May God bless,

Dwight

post-21933-0-47941600-1373646414_thumb.j

Edited by malabar