Sign in to follow this  
TomSwede

Pogskull bracer

Pog is Welch meaning sumting like brute or the wild one. The pog has no less than 13 Dean guitars and many of then are late Dimebag Darrel of Panteras design guitar. Pog is also called Dimepog sometimes. The wings are the Dean token but I changde it to Pog so now He got his wings.

So let's just cut the crap and get to the pics. Those are snapped from wetforming process and I post some better ones later.

I will also post a few more directly following this post from the making of it.

Enjoy or critisize!!

Tom

IMG_7997_01.jpg

IMG_8000_01.jpg

post-5146-1220447632_thumb.jpg

post-5146-1220447642_thumb.jpg

Great detail Tom!!! You really made the design stand out from the band itself. Thought it was 2 pieces of leather initially.

Very well done!!!!

Tim

Pog is Welch meaning sumting like brute or the wild one. The pog has no less than 13 Dean guitars and many of then are late Dimebag Darrel of Panteras design guitar. Pog is also called Dimepog sometimes. The wings are the Dean token but I changde it to Pog so now He got his wings.

So let's just cut the crap and get to the pics. Those are snapped from wetforming process and I post some better ones later.

I will also post a few more directly following this post from the making of it.

Enjoy or critisize!!

Tom

Takes a moment of silence for DimeBag......

Tom these look really good bro! I like the way the design goes beyond the border, cant wait to see more pictures!

Great detail Tom!!! You really made the design stand out from the band itself. Thought it was 2 pieces of leather initially.

Very well done!!!!

Tim

Thanks Timbo!

You got it figured, one layer only. Fun one to do, the design kinda lent itself to it. It has a similar shape to the batshape I use sometimes so when my eyes dropped on this image it was just oh-oh moment.

Tom

Takes a moment of silence for DimeBag......

Tom these look really good bro! I like the way the design goes beyond the border, cant wait to see more pictures!

Thanks bro! Taking the silent moment right after this post!

I get 'em up in a few hours, have some other thing to take care off in between aswell (lawnmowing...yuck)

Tom

Dime: wherever you are you're always rembered :rip_1:

Fantastic Tom,

I love the design, the expression of the face is superb and as said here before, it almost looks like 2 pieces of leather. Impressed :clapping:

Edited by Tina

"I KILL YOU"

LOL just kidding but it made me think of that comedians skeleton thing, I think it is dunbar or something is his name.

Anyways very good work as allways. I love the effect you got with the eyes.

Oh and Pantera rocked.

Edited by MADMAX22

hey tommy!!...looks like ya went ahead & added another round of antique eh??...i like the darker tones that the final has...keep rockin on bro!! :guitar:

darryl

sweet work tom, great photos, they show so much detail...great colors

Tom that is really cool! Great design, tooling and color! You've done it again!

ArtS

Your work is very nice.

GREAT STUFF!!!

Superb, Tom. My favorite of yours so far. :cheers:

Crystal

Thank you all so very much!

I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the comments so I won't be taking them one by one this time.

Instead I attach some photos that was not shot through a dirty mirror.

For those of you not familiar with "Dimebag" Darrel, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?p...p;GRid=10061348

Tom

Pogskull8a.jpg

Pogskull8x.jpg

Pogskull8c.jpg

post-5146-1220495029_thumb.jpg

post-5146-1220495049_thumb.jpg

post-5146-1220495067_thumb.jpg

OUTSTANDING!!

:notworthy:

Johnny

Whats to criticize ? Its Fantastic..!!!!

Love the design and the colour really brings it out adding real depth, !

Thank you Johnny, Trastu and Jimnx!

I so much appreciate and value the input from all you good people here, each and everyone :cheers:

Tom

OMG how did I miss this? This is awesome!!! Totally pops out. Great work brother.

Thanks Spider, knew you'd like this one...tada..it's a skull he he.

Well The Pog wanted the rooftop skull bracer I did so I explained I will only make a custom ordered bracer once so he told me to use any fitting skull and to add Dean (guitars) wings so I looked around in my drawer and this pone pops up and ther ya' have it. The design was given right away.

Tom

Not my line of interest but the wow the detail is great. It would be interesting to put your twist on some cowboy dress shirt cuffs. Maybe something that from a distance looks like dress cuffs but when you get closer you have a skull outlaw type with cowboy hat and scarf.

Just an idea.

Not my line of interest but the wow the detail is great. It would be interesting to put your twist on some cowboy dress shirt cuffs. Maybe something that from a distance looks like dress cuffs but when you get closer you have a skull outlaw type with cowboy hat and scarf.

Just an idea.

Thank you CollinsMS! Glad it could raise your attention even though out of line with your interest! Maybe my next thing up here in a few days will suit you better.

So those cowboy dress shirt cuffs is something i don't really know what it is, I try to picture myself a cowboy but don't see those cuffs but I guess they are attached to the bottom of the shirts sleeves and those could be tooled with a twist motif. Right??

Thanks for looking and coming with ideas!

Tom

This is not my work. Cowboys used to put them on to dress up their shirts. They also used to have leather colors to dress their shirts.

Cowboy_Cuffs.jpg

post-6238-1220996857_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the info! I have never noticed this. Those look great and I now see what you mean.

I'm gonna keep this in mind in case I meet any people here looking for cowboy gear. Swedens biggest country and cowboy festival is held just 20 mins from here every year.

Tom