RandyJ

Motorcycle Seat

Alright, I am attempting to cover a stock seat on my 2001 Heritage. I'm keeping original foam in place, no changes. I've removed all the old vinal covering. I've wet, formed, pressed and stapled (underneath, of course) a new piece of leather on the seat. It is looking pretty good, except for some puckering from left to right across the middle. It seems the leather can't be pulled in that area adequately. Do I need to cut it in a specific way to allow it to form inward, then lace together? Any suggestions? Thanks!

post-20156-076121000 1299020683_thumb.jp

I'm guessing that you're not tooling the seat. I would have glued (Super 77 or High Strength 90) the seat area of the leather to the foam so I could press all the wrinkles out. Then stapled to the seat pan. Marki

I'm guessing that you're not tooling the seat. I would have glued (Super 77 or High Strength 90) the seat area of the leather to the foam so I could press all the wrinkles out. Then stapled to the seat pan. Marki

Actually, I will be tooling it. I first wanted to see if the entire piece of leather would be able to fit correctly. Last night I soaked the mid-section again and pulled to the side and re-stapled. It looks much better now, but I'm going to continue trying to smooth it out.

Thanks Marki for the reply.

When you tool it it might stretch a little and could cuase more wrinkles. Just food for thought.

Mark (finger slipped and added an "i" to the last post)

For all my chops/bikes, I make all my seats from scratch, post-5752-081382700 1299520146_thumb.jpgpost-5752-023324400 1299520234_thumb.jpg if this is "somewhat" of what you want,,think about kneeding bread dough, and whallah

a couple morepost-5752-097345800 1299520681_thumb.jpgpost-5752-095207300 1299520758_thumb.jpg if you have needz, then,, kneed it bad!