Sign in to follow this  
Deno

George Hurst Needs Your Prayers

Just heard from Anne Newkold George Hurst had a heart attack on Friday. and has heart catheterization surgery on Tuesday. Everyone keep him and his family in our prayers.

WE INDEAD HOLD GEORGE AND HIS FAMILY UP IN PRAYER

..Doc...

Edited by CitizenKate
to remove unescaped html code

Leather Crafters,

You may have read another post about George Hurst and his heart cath this morning (3/16). The plan was to put in stints if the doctors thought it would help. I just talked to George's son Kevin. The blockage they found was significate so they have opted to do a triple by-pass and are preparing to do so as I type.

Please keep the prayers going for George and his family.

Thank you,

Dave Smith

Leather Crafters,

You may have read another post about George Hurst and his heart cath this morning (3/16). The plan was to put in stints if the doctors thought it would help. I just talked to George's son Kevin. The blockage they found was significate so they have opted to do a triple by-pass and are preparing to do so as I type.

Thank you,

Dave Smith

Thank you for the update on George; keep us posted on the outcome Dave and we'll keep him in our prayers. He has a lot more information left in him that he needs to put on videos for us.

Dave, please PM me with an address so LW can send flowers. Also, if you see Jane, tell her we're praying for George, hoping for the best, and sending our love.

Johanna

Leather Crafters,

Thank you,

Dave Smith

Once he goes through the triple by-pass, it'll be months till he builds up his strength & it'll be a year till the split breastbone heals thoroughly, but the alternate is unacceptable.

Stents are not used if the blockages are too significant, and this appears to be the case.

He is in our prayers.

russ

Dave, thank you very much for the information.

George will be in our prayers. Tell his family that they are in our thoughts and prayers. We hope George will be soon feeling better.

Gisela

Leather Crafters,

Thank you,

Dave Smith

Edited by techniques

Thanks for letting us know! I will definitely keep him in my prayers.

We hope for a speedy recovery.

Just heard from Mr. Linnell.

"George had triple bypass surgery today. His son called me about 10 minutes ago to tell me that they had just talked to the surgeon and all went well. He is still in recovery. I guess he as much as 95% blockage in some arteries."

Good news, keep your prayers coming!!

George Hurst up date:

I just got off phone with Keven, he said George had to have a triple bypass and is resting in ICU recovery at this time. Keven said if things remain well he should be going home in about 5 or 6 days. Please keep him in your prayers! if you wish to send cards or letters please send them to his home.

George Hurst

8001 Morning Ln.

Fort Worth, TX 76123-1924

George Hurst up date:

I just got off phone with Keven, he said George had to have a triple bypass and is resting in ICU recovery at this time. Keven said if things remain well he should be going home in about 5 or 6 days. Please keep him in your prayers! if you wish to send cards or letters please send them to his home.

George Hurst

8001 Morning Ln.

Fort Worth, TX 76123-1924

Thanks Anne! Spfd will send a card and a flower, as I'm sure will many!

Kevin

All,

You may have seen the responses in the original string about the results of George Hurst's surgery. Just in case you didn'ty here's the latest.

He did have a triple bypass and he came through it with flying colors. They will be monitoring him for any complications for the next few days and making sure he's resting. Which many of you know, ain't like George. God has answered the many prayers that have been offered in his behalf, but don't stop now. He'll need our prayers daily as he works toward recovery and getting back up to speed. Jane, Keven and the rest of the family are exhausted but doing well. Remember them too.

God bless you all,

Dave Smith

All,

You may have seen the responses in the original string about the results of George Hurst's surgery. Just in case you didn'ty here's the latest.

He did have a triple bypass and he came through it with flying colors. They will be monitoring him for any complications for the next few days and making sure he's resting. Which many of you know, ain't like George. God has answered the many prayers that have been offered in his behalf, but don't stop now. He'll need our prayers daily as he works toward recovery and getting back up to speed. Jane, Keven and the rest of the family are exhausted but doing well. Remember them too.

God bless you all,

Dave Smith

Dave, keep us posted as to his recovery. God does look after us leather crafters as well as the rest of the folk in the world. You had better make up some quick restraining straps to tie him to his bed before he hurts himself more.

That is great news;;;and we continue to hold him and family up in prayer.. Doc

Hi all, I spoke with Jane (his wife) just after the surgery, and she too said all went well. Hi Dave Smith. Thanks, Steve

George is high on my list of wonderful people. God has been very exceptionally good to the wonderful people on my list lately, and I know He is watching over George. None of us are through with George yet, especially Jane, and we all want him to stick around for a long time to come. I know all the prayers and cards he is receiving will boost his spirits, and he will be good as new in no time. I want to thank those of you who are praying for George.

God Bless, Kathy

Edited by yaklady

Yay!! Wonderful news!! Our God is a great God!! May He pour out His blessings on George's recovery.

Hi Everybody,

I've been trying to think of ways to let George know how much he is loved. All the cards and flowers tell him so, but most of us can't drop by to say hi in person. Smiles and laughs help heal the body as much as anything. I bet a lot of us have cute stories to tell about George that would bring back fond memories for him and bring a smile to his face. Every time I'm around George, a smile comes to my face. Here's one memory that I am particularly fond of:

I had given Akiko Okada a ride to Sheridan from Denver one year. At the end of the show, before we were ready for the drive back, Akiko wanted to help George pack up his booth for Hide Crafters. While the three of us were packing boxes, I began to feel out of my league, for those two were talking in Japanese. George is fluent in the language. Then I heard the words "Don't touch my moustache" among all the Japanese. Akiko's face about split with a huge smile and she began to laugh uncontrollably. It turns out "Don't touch my moustache" sounds an awful lot like the Japanese for "you're welcome". To this day, I still can't say "you're welcome" the proper way, I can't get around "Don't touch my moustache".

If you have a cute story to cheer up George with, share it here. We'll figure out a way to let George see them all and bring some joy to his recovery room.

Thanks!

Kathy

LOL! I don't think I could beat that one!

I just remember his kindness helping me out with supplies for a 4H Leatherworking Club I volunteered with up in PA. He sent videos and swivel knives FREE to our group. The kids really appreciated it.

The first time I ever met George was the first time I went to the Sheridan show. I was in the Holiday Inn drinking establishment with Peter and Cheryl and some of the other Australians when George came in a sat with us. There was some really bad karaoke going on. George was telling us about one of his trips to Japan and how after a little sake he decided to do karaoke himself. We couldn't talk him into doing it in Sheridan that year, but I think that would be better than most of the entertainment I've ever seen at the banquets in Sheridan.

Anymore updates? My mom had quadruple bypass surgery in Nov. of '08 and my dad an I were complete wrecks. So I'm sure I know what the family is going through. I might not know Mr. Hurst personally, but I have learned a ton by sitting and watching his instructional videos. He is full of knowledge and experience and I'm sure he's got a whole lot more techniques he could teach us. Hopeing for the BEST!!!

I got an email from Dave about 2 hours ago stating that George was released from the hospital yesterday afternoon.

Damon