frogsaw

Which Sewing Machine

I am considering a sewing machine purchase, but I am not sure which to buy. Any suggestions? I am on a budget, but would like to avoid buying and selling while I search for the right one. I am also not opposed to waiting/saving to buy the right machine.

Thanks

Go to one of the shows and try them on for size. One test drive is worth a thousand words. Wickenburg this weekend and Sheridan in May.

Art

I am considering a sewing machine purchase, but I am not sure which to buy. Any suggestions? I am on a budget, but would like to avoid buying and selling while I search for the right one. I am also not opposed to waiting/saving to buy the right machine.

Thanks

Go to one of the shows and try them on for size. One test drive is worth a thousand words. Wickenburg this weekend and Sheridan in May.

Art

I am in New Mexico, and those shows sound a little out of reasonable travel distance. I appreciate the information though. Any thoughts on the Tippmann Boss? Pros? Cons?

Try the forum section on "leather sewing machines". Quite the extensive answer to you questions.

Good luck,

Kevin

If I could do it over again, I would have bought my Juki 441 copy first. I started with a Tippman Boss. Some people have great luck with these machines, that wasn't my experience. I still have the machine, it's a great hole punch for heavy holster welts. I like to hand-stitch my holster welts because they are close to 1" thick.

Several companies import Juki 441 copies. I'm sure that there are several brands that advertise on this forum that are excellent machines. I purchased a Cobra 4, because of the reputation of Steve as a great customer service guy. I am very happy with my machine, and the few times I've needed help, Steve has been wonderful. I'm sure others could chime in here on their experiences with other machines and customer service.