Sign in to follow this  
Sharpshooter

Another "Different" sheath design

My mentor in the Knife Business has told me many times... "When you set out to design a knife that's Different, you usually end up with something that's a lot more different and a lot less knife."

I'm finding that the same goes for sheaths... This weekend we hosted another "Grind-In," where people come from all over the country to design and build their own knives. This group's "colors" are black and red, so we laid in some black leather and red thread so they could have "Devilz" sheaths as well.

The knives were all terrific, but when the "girl" who made this knife asked me to come up with something "different" for a sheath. I'm coming to fear that word...

But I think I overcame my fear with this....

michele2.sized.jpg

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Faux Python Insert, black leather with red stitching. I'm not huge on inserts, we're a production shop and not setup for the tight handwork but it's pretty darn good.

The shape of the blade forced the snap at the mouth to lock in the blade while showing off a lot of the fancy handle material.

michele1.sized.jpg

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Thinking outside the box can take you a different directions. Everyone in the shop just had to play with the snap, examining how the sheath works so she's getting it all broken in.

That is a nice sheath to go with a nice knife! Great job!

Thanks...

The insert is Cobra... I must have slept through that part of snake school.