Snap

Not leather but sorta related...an adjustable snap.

Well, as I don't have any leather goods to post pics of, I figured I would post some of a related item.

These are adjustable snaps that I have been working on in one way or another for almost 10 years.

4.JPG

3.JPG

2.JPG

1.JPG

8.JPG

6a.JPG

5a.JPG

5.JPG

Officially they are called RollerSnaps. Basically they are adjustable snaps and are super easy to use as well- you don't even have to look.

We are still a few months out from officially launching- the website is still under construction and we're waiting for our first large production run.

Ssoon, I hope to be able to show them off on some leather items that I made! (the wallet in the picture was made by a company close by).

Well, that's about it.

-Snap

post-6804-1213396645_thumb.jpg

post-6804-1213396656_thumb.jpg

post-6804-1213396667_thumb.jpg

post-6804-1213396678_thumb.jpg

post-6804-1213396688_thumb.jpg

post-6804-1213396702_thumb.jpg

post-6804-1213396711_thumb.jpg

post-6804-1213396720_thumb.jpg

Edited by Johanna
fixed the pics. :)

Sorry, I can't seem to get the attachements to line up right. ?

Very tight stuff. Hope to hear more in the near future

Storm

Wow! Those look great! You have at least 1 guaranteed customer right here!

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Make that two guaranteed customers. I LOVE them! What a great idea.

~Tammy

That is a great idea! I'll be looking for them when you start selling them. Be sure to let us all know when they're out there.

ArtS

make that three, how much you retailing for?

ok, I'm in! I'm customer #4! I want a dozen!

Troy

Thanks for the positive feedback- I should have some more info later this week.

And to whoever (whomever?) fixed the pictures- thank you! :)

Snap,

Have you been to a patent attorney?

Dave

Snap,

Have you been to a patent attorney?

Dave

Yes. The patent has already been issued.

Yes. The patent has already been issued.

Good for you,

very smart of you!! This looks like a good idea.

Dave

the roller snaps look like an item that i would use. i would have to make sure that they are

not too heavy or bulky.....

a+ on the design and function of the item...

I agree with the others, it looks like a great idea. Nice work!

Kate

I would like to know how much also. Some cool design you have there. Maybe even if you could leave the top design blank as a cavity and I can put my own Logo on the snap. Not sure if that infringes on your patent or so. Let me know for sure.

very cool indeed. I can think of a dozen differnt items I could use them on. How about making them with the top to inlay a piece of leather to tool or for a piece of croc or python.

Well, as I don't have any leather goods to post pics of, I figured I would post some of a related item.

These are adjustable snaps that I have been working on in one way or another for almost 10 years.

4.JPG

3.JPG

2.JPG

1.JPG

8.JPG

6a.JPG

5a.JPG

5.JPG

Officially they are called RollerSnaps. Basically they are adjustable snaps and are super easy to use as well- you don't even have to look.

That's smart product . Make sure to include me in the mass e-mail when you eare ready.

We are still a few months out from officially launching- the website is still under construction and we're waiting for our first large production run.

Ssoon, I hope to be able to show them off on some leather items that I made! (the wallet in the picture was made by a company close by).

Well, that's about it.

-Snap

How does it work exactly? Are the rollers spring loaded?

I'm in for at least a dozen! Please post a website and details when you are ready to sell!

Thanks, Great Idea

John

Thanks again for all of the interest! I am trying to get some more samples together to send out to those interested.

To answer a few questions:

- The die cast snaps will be offered with an empty top cavity and you will be able to customize that as you see fit- however you like. We only show the engraved plates on these as an example of what is possible. Leather looks really nice in there.

- Pricing should be around $6.99 for singles. We will be offering price breaks for quantity purchases starting at a dozen. However, I don't want to discourage anyone who won't use that many, so we're trying to see what we can do for 6 piece orders as well.

- I don't know the exact launch date but we're working hard at it. What we DON'T want to do is set a date and then fail to come through, or take orders before we have product in hand.

- If there is enough interest, I am going to see about getting some of our pre production test product assembled and ready to go before the official launch. The pre-production snaps perform flawlessly but the finishes vary quite a bit in color and texture. The design of these is the same as the smaller snaps in the pictures. They differ from the production model in that they are a bit more square edged and heavier (1.1 oz if I remember correctly).

I will try to post a picture tonight of the production sample I have which will show the final shape and the empty cavity.

Thank you so much for the interest and all of the kind replies and messages! I will try my hardest to get some samples into the hands of those interested within a few weeks! And keep asking questions! I have not had much time to get on here this week but that I will always answer as soon as I can.

Best,

Ryan

Comparison of the pre-production model I refer to in my previous post and a raw casting of our final design of this version.

DSC00174.JPG

DSC00173.JPG

I am willing and able to ship two sample sets of the pre-production version to anyone who is interested in seeing how these work in the real world.

If interested PM your shipping address- no PO Boxes please as I prefer to ship UPS. I will try to get these out by the end of next week.

Please keep in mind: While the samples function perfectly they are a bit hefty and not shaped as nicely as the production version (see pictures in this post). However, they should provide an excellent idea of what you can expect regarding function.

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

Ryan

post-6804-1213985904_thumb.jpg

post-6804-1213985915_thumb.jpg

To clear up some confusion- the samples (2 sets) mentioned in my last post are free of charge.

If you want to check them out all I need is an address and I'll take care of the rest.

Hey, that rhymes...

Brilliant idea Ryan! I hope this is huge for you. It's definitely one of those "now why didn't I think of that" products. Let us know when they are up for sale.

Brent

Samples are on the way for all who requested them!

We (me and my co-workers) are interested in any and all feedback on these things regarding form, fit, function, pricing, etc.

And we actually listen to what you have to say. :)

On another note- I ordered a servo motor for my Juki yesterday! WOOHOO! I'm hoping it allows me to dial down the speed, and therefore the terror.

Peace,

Ryan