Well, I know....been a LONG time since I've been on here.

Well, my real job has slowed down for the winter, so I have started working with leather again. I've got a small shop set up in my sons Tattoo shop, so that's really helping to get orders.....nothing like tattoos and leather.

My sons girlfriend is right into Steampunk and asked me if I could make her a top hat. Well not ever having made one before, I said "Of course I can"...lol It took a bit of trial and error as well as a bit of extra leather and fabric, but determined to live up to my word, I forged on.

Here is the finished hat. It is made from 2/3 oz veg tan, with cool fabric glued to it. I then installed the eyelets to lace through to hold it all together. The lace is roo so it should hold together real well. The wierd goggles I actually bought off E-Bay, but I now know how to make them myself...poor Chinese suppliers...

Hope you all like it, comments and critique are gladly accepted.

post-1605-0-77333200-1350356372_thumb.jp

post-1605-0-42747700-1350356421_thumb.jp

post-1605-0-87941800-1350356471_thumb.jp

post-1605-0-51432800-1350356521_thumb.jp

Wow, I'm not even going to ask how many hours that took you. That is really a fun and whimsical hat.

WinterBear,

Once I had it all figured out and started to make this one, it only took about 12 hours to cut, glue, hardware and assemble. But it did take me a few days to get it all figured out.

Edited by Beaverslayer

It looks different, she ought to love it. Craftsmanship on it is excellent and it does look really good. She would really standout with it on here in the Texas panhandle.

David

hey hey!!! look at what the cat dragged in! How's it going Beav? Good to see you still hanging in there!

Hey Marlon, yes, still hanging in there. Hopefully will be around on a regular basis, as the "Real Job" is very slow right now, and I also really want to retire from it...lol

Finally have a real shop set up in my sons tattoo shop, so that is going to help out a whole lot.

Good to see an old friend still here.