BearMan

Notebook for my Son

Hi Everybody, Here is my latest project. It's a notebook for my Son. It holds a regular size note pad, a calculator, pencils, and a place for business cards. This is more of my style of tooling,,, a more Natural design. I've actually been doing similar designs for many years, until I started getting into some of the "Sheridan style designs. I'm glad to be back, doing some of this again. I'll still be doing Sheridan designs,,, just not as much. This design includes: American Holly, Beech, Bur Oak, Cherry, Chestnut Oak, Elm, Hickory, Osage Orange, Pin Oak, Shumard Oak, Sugar Maple, Tulip (yellow) Poplar, Walnut, & White Oak, Leaves. All of these wood species are used in woodworking, which is what my Son does. It's aprox 10" X 13 1/2" closed. It's finished in my "signiture" process. Oil, dyed background, suntan, NeatLac replacement, Lots of time on the edges, & Tankote. Thanks for looking! Ed the"BearMan"

notebook_Good_5.jpg

notebook_Good_6.jpg

notebook_OK_3.jpg

post-7175-1242861857_thumb.jpg

post-7175-1242861879_thumb.jpg

post-7175-1242861900_thumb.jpg

Great work. It just looks smooth in every way.

I really need to make a petal lifter - it just makes sooo much difference on leaf work. (I assume that is what you used.)

I love how you located the holders in the corner instead of in the binding or center-edge where they are in the way.

Beautiful job. :thumbsup:

Matt

Oh...oh..oh ..hm yeah not to many words come to mind now but it is incredibly beautiful!!! :jawdropper::You_Rock_Emoticon::notworthy:

Tom

That is some nice carving. Good one on this.

I wish I could touch it. The depth and lift is unbelieveable - I envy your skills.

Tammy

I'm with Tammy on this one...I soooo wish I could touch it:-)

Absolutly beatyful work, color and finish, I love the style you have with all the different leaves it all fits so nicely together. The idea of the fitted pockets inside is very appealing and I think good overall design work, :You_Rock_Emoticon: BearMan:-)

That is truly very nice! The amount of relief in that piece looks like it's ten feet deep. Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Andy

Ed,

You knocked this one out of the park! It's obvious that you are comfortable with this style tooling. I like it all....the composition, the variety, you snuck outside the borders a little which I'm crazy about, great depth, great color and great edges!!!!!! Nice job!

Bob

As always, your work is stunning.

Is this a pattern that you drew? Do you draw your own normally? If so, please think about putting togeather a "book" of patterns. Nice looking modern patterns are very hard to find and for those of us who are drawing challenged it can be frustrating. I am first in line to buy, if you do.

Aaron

That's some killer leathercrafting! Great detail in and out!

Hi Everybody,,, & Thanks for all the wonderful comments!!

Matt; if you don't have a petal lifter,,, get one! It makes alot of difference. But to really do it right, you'll need a petal lifter beveler also.

Tammy & Tina,,,, Running your fingers over it, with your eyes closed, feels like High relief wood carving. :o)

Andy,,, even though it's only 5/6oz leather, as you can see, you can get alot of depth.

Bob,,,Thanks for all the complements! With some suggestions from you, I was able to figure out what step I was missing before,,, Thanks!!

Aaron, Yes, I almost always draw all of my own designs. Just get some books, & pictures of inspiration, several sharp pencils,,, & a Good eraser, take your time,,, & have LOTS of patients. Draw it,,,, & then draw it again, & it will get better each time!

Ed

Awsome job, I hope that at some point my tooling will look half that good. I am with Aron you should do patterns up for sale you would make a killing. And thanks again for your in put on the saddle.

Al

Ed- That is absolutely beautiful! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Crystal

Oooooo, my goodness! I love everything I've seen you post here, but this one really shines. Thanks for letting us have a look at that!

Kate

. But to really do it right, you'll need a petal lifter beveler also.

what might THAT be???? Just a round of figure beveler??

pete

That is just beautiful! I would put it in a shadow box and hang it on the wall. Wow!

That's gorgeous, your son will be very proud to carry this one with him. Incrediable colors and finish. I personnelly like the oak leaves best.

Really, really nice!

Yup! everything everybody else said and A+

My son asked for one like that,

and I said shure son .......But you'll have to ask Bearman to adopt you first.

Stunning work.

Ed,

That's good enough to tell you it about it twice! Great job...again!

Bob