Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Barry King Tools

I was surprised to talk with Barry King yesterday when I called the posted number. I requested a catalog as I'm a newby and didn't realize this is a really small business (appx. $88,000 per year, 2 employees). I'm sure it is merely a labor of love as the family business is pretty good sized. My faith is renewed in American ingenuity, attention to detail and family business. Here is the listing I used as he doesn't have a web site:

Barry King Tools

184 N. Main

Sheridan, WY 82801

USA

Phone: (307) 672-5657

FAX: (307) 672-5235

Cheers!

I use quite a few of his tools and will be ordering more as my wallet permits.

i'm very happy with what i have :yeah:

Guest David

I'll second that....his tools are first rate.....pricey but very good quality.

Dave

If you think he's nice on the phone, you ought to meet him in person. When Carlos and I were at Saddle Week '06, we made the Tour 'd Leather through town, starting with meeting Don King at his saddle museum and ending at Barry's Shop. One of us asked if he made all the tools on site, and he stopped what he was doing and led us on a tour of his machine shop, stopping at each machine to explain how it worked and which tools were made on it. Between answering the phone himself, and leading tours, it's a wonder he gets anything done at all!

Mike

Berry has the best quality for the best price in the professional grade of handmade tools par none. Barry is just what you get he is a nice young man to deal with and treats each customer like a friend. He lives up stairs above his machine shop so I suspect it is not just an 8-5 job. I have seen his wife in the shop a couple times I have been there.

RC

Not knowing what i was missing as all my tools come from TLF. I was blown away at the 07 show by the diff in tools . Not just TLF craftool from Berry's, But from one vendor to the next. I grabbed a few bevels and a few other tools from him. Worth ever penny, hell i feel like i got a deal really . Top quality tools form what i could see. Plus i like the way they tool. I'm looking forward to making another purchase from him.

Not knowing what i was missing as all my tools come from TLF. I was blown away at the 07 show by the diff in tools . Not just TLF craftool from Berry's, But from one vendor to the next. I grabbed a few bevels and a few other tools from him. Worth ever penny, hell i feel like i got a deal really . Top quality tools form what i could see. Plus i like the way they tool. I'm looking forward to making another purchase from him.

Guys

I just want to say I appreciate all of your comments and advice as it has been very worthwhile. I'm learning from you all and don't post much

as I'm a beginner. I can fix a wicked pair of boots though, Ha, ha!

Thanks to you all and thought you would like to have Barry's business address, especially beginners like myself.

sorry, I'm really new to the "non-tandy" tools, but I'm very intrigued. Does Barry King have a catalog? How does one "view" his tools--I suspect trade shows etc? thanks for the input.

sorry, I'm really new to the "non-tandy" tools, but I'm very intrigued. Does Barry King have a catalog? How does one "view" his tools--I suspect trade shows etc? thanks for the input.

you can call the number listed and they will send you a cataloge. if you do a google search... there are one or two companies that sell his tools.

you can view Barry's catalog online at Montanaleather.com

"I was surprised to talk with Barry King yesterday when I called the posted number. I requested a catalog as I'm a newby and didn't realize this is a really small business (appx. $88,000 per year, 2 employees). I'm sure it is merely a labor of love as the family business is pretty good sized. My faith is renewed in American ingenuity, attention to detail and family business."

I've found that a lot of the tool and makers are small business' like this. I've had a few tools and saddle hardware made by Jeremiah Watt and every time I've emailed or called, I've talked to him or his wife.

"I was surprised to talk with Barry King yesterday when I called the posted number. I requested a catalog as I'm a newby and didn't realize this is a really small business (appx. $88,000 per year, 2 employees). I'm sure it is merely a labor of love as the family business is pretty good sized. My faith is renewed in American ingenuity, attention to detail and family business."

I've found that a lot of the tool and makers are small business' like this. I've had a few tools and saddle hardware made by Jeremiah Watt and every time I've emailed or called, I've talked to him or his wife.

Pro Series tools is also a small business. It's just 2 people also. you can request Robert Beards catalog at www.robertbeardtools.com plus see some of his own leatherwork and what classes he is currently teaching and where.

was online today and found Barry King's website for his tools

http://www.barrykingtools.com/index.htm

Awesome

Rickmc

Not to steal the thread, but just do a search for Beard's tools. I placed a copy of the catalog on here not too long ago.