PC220335.JPG

post-4868-1199760657_thumb.jpg

post-4868-1199760671_thumb.jpg

post-4868-1199760739_thumb.jpg

post-4868-1199760766_thumb.jpg

post-4868-1199760788_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jordan

Hi Jordan,

Nice holsters. What size thread did you use?

Ed

Hi Ed, I don't remember the thread size just some stuff I had laying around, made them before I bought your machine so they are done by hand, I just haven't had time to set it up completely, so many other honey dews keep getting me sidetracked. LOL Jordan

Hi Ed, I don't remember the thread size just some stuff I had laying around, made them before I bought your machine so they are done by hand, I just haven't had time to set it up completely, so many other honey dews keep getting me sidetracked. LOL Jordan

Hi Jordan,

I know what you mean about getting things set up. It's taking me a while to get back to making my bags, after having spent time getting used to new attachments .

I asked about the thread size, because it seems to be more difficult on the 441 than on the model 5 to use a range of thread sizes.

Ed

Jordan, very nice looking holsters. How do you do your dying on those?

Ken

What Beaver asked and what color.... looks very nice.

The black one I dyed blue then black with tandy dye then super sheen acrylic, the other is saddle tan then super sheen acrylic. I used paintbrush and wool dauber on both just slathered it on real good. I have noted a problem with small areas of the clear pealing off on the back of the black one. I will probably setup a couple of dipping tanks eventually and give that a try. Pretty much experimenting with everything I do. I am going to switch to Fiebings (sp) when I can afford it, not to happy with the tandy finishes. Thats one of the reasons I love this site, and all the information I have not been able to find elsewhere. Happy tooling to all. Jordan thanks for fixing the spelling on the title.

Jordan.

Nice job on your holsters. I've used both Tandy's and Fieblings I'm not real happy with either and I'm sure part of the problem is my technique or lack of one. Holster makers on other forums have recommended Angelus brand dyes. I may give Angelus dyes a try. My biggest problem is bleed off from my black Fieblings.

Keep up the fine holster making!

Randy

That first picture shows the incredible amount of work involved in doing this work. Amazing...

Hi Jordan,

That clip on holster is excellent. Great workmanship and the stitching is excellent. Great job!!!!!!

John

thanks guys, that first one did take alot of work what with all the different parts. Used up alot of brain cells figuring it out, especially sewing the clip in the strap to hide most of it and allow for a shirt to be tucked in between, the extra layer to keep the mouth open to reholster. Wish I had a resale Lic. and OTB catalog at the time then I would have gone with a black clip of better construction compared to the tandy chrome one. Plus I need to use a bit thinner leather to allow for larger wings to form to the hip better on the inside of the pants. Live and learn I guess it's all part of the journey.