Kustom

Wait To Buy A Tippmann Boss

I talked to Tony Luberto and his new and improved cub is going to be for sale soon. The guy I bought my classic from had the older version of the cub as well. I test drove it and have to say it kicks the Tippman's ass.

I talked to Tony Luberto and his new and improved cub is going to be for sale soon. The guy I bought my classic from had the older version of the cub as well. I test drove it and have to say it kicks the Tippman's ass.

Did he disclose what the price would be? The short arm 441 clones are very reasonably priced and I often wonder why anyone would buy a new Boss when for a few hundered dollars more you can have a powered machine, on a stand, that will sew circles around the Boss. But that is just my opinion. Ken

I also talked to Tony, the improved Luberto Cub with a 6" arm is roughly $1200, 9" arm around $1500. SPM - "as fast as you can turn the handle", 4-10 SPI, thread size 69-346, needle size 22/140 - 26/230. Guaranteed material thickness 1/2" but can go up to 3/4". Jump foot needle feed, square feed. Weighs 35#, cast iron. I believe you can put a flywheel and a motor on the Cub, I just don't know how hard that is or how expensive. It is still made in the USA.

He still sells the Classic, $7000 w/stand, I believe that includes the fly wheel, motor and shipping, it was late and I was using post it notes. I am supposed to call him again in a few weeks to see if he is ready for production of the Cub, he moved his entire operation back to Connecticut. He also said he was going to the Sheridan show in May. If you are going you can test it out there. That is pretty much everything I know.

Ken, it's portable and requires no power? Smaller footprint? It's the only one you're allowed to use at bedtime? I really don't know.

I AM OFFERING THE LUBERTO CUB FOR SALE EXACTLY LIKE THE ONE IN MY PIC PROFLE PAID 1200 ASKING 950