pcox

Landis #12 F & G

I just got a call from a man closeing out his shoe repair want to sell me a Landis Model 12 f and g G has 2 or 3 parts missing and the F he spent $3000 on 10 years ago and has sewn on I set of soles. This guy has done my sole and heel replacement for the last 20 years I know him well and believe what he told me. I really know nothing about these machines. If I don't take them by noon tomorrw they are going to the scrap man. I'm ok with the price. What do you think save em or let them go. Hr also has a sutton mckay he wants $1000 for if anyone needs one

What are you going to do with them? They are finicky machines that have no throat to speak of so they are only foot for soles, you might get away sewing a belt on them but it wouldn't be my first choice. I have 2 K models. The g model is better than the F and the K better than the G and the L better than the K. They don't sell for very much because there's very little market for them these days. How much is he asking?

What's the guy using to see soles on if the one is missing parts and he only used the other one once?

What model of McKay does he have? If its a 296 or other chain stitch model there's not much beside shoe repair you'd want to use it for. If its a lock stitch I would get it and keep or sell it. I'd be interested in a lock stitch if it is one and you get it and want to sell it and are not too far away! Lot of IFS there huh?

He bought out a large shop that had several machines. He has another G and a K he uses.to sew soles. He wants $150 for the F & G. G is missing the shuttle and the louper. I plan on selling them after I tinker with them long enough to learn a little about them. I will check on the mckay today and let you know if it is a lock stitch.