Sign in to follow this  
SmilinJim

Another box and a knife sheath

Co-worker brought me the leather and a knife and said he wanted a sheath. Just simple no carving or tooling of any kind. Tan with an oxblood lace. Used a hidden pin to hold the tangless knife in place. The other is another cedar box. Bad photo of praying hands, from a Tandy craftaid. Not what I'll use again. Not saying I can do better but I can try. The boxes are doing well and they are from scrap. As a tip for the woodworkers. I used Fiebings Aussie Leather conditioner on the cedar boxes once they were sanded. Brought out the colors in the wood. Looks good up close.

Keep on Smilin

Jim

P5062578.JPG

P5062581.JPG

post-41-1241740127_thumb.jpg

post-41-1241740155_thumb.jpg

Co-worker brought me the leather and a knife and said he wanted a sheath. Just simple no carving or tooling of any kind. Tan with an oxblood lace. Used a hidden pin to hold the tangless knife in place. The other is another cedar box. Bad photo of praying hands, from a Tandy craftaid. Not what I'll use again. Not saying I can do better but I can try. The boxes are doing well and they are from scrap. As a tip for the woodworkers. I used Fiebings Aussie Leather conditioner on the cedar boxes once they were sanded. Brought out the colors in the wood. Looks good up close.

Keep on Smilin

Jim

I LIKE I LIKE!

Tangless knife? Makes no sense - if you have no tang - there is nothing to hold on to. Did you, by chance, mean guardless knife? Or Hidden tang?

Me so confus-ed. ;)

TF

Mean a guard. Sorry about that. See what happens when ya get old. Ya forget and can't type and talk or is it talk and type at the same time.

Jim