Johanna

Hawaiian Saddles by Pete Gorrell

Pete asked me to say hello to everyone and let you know what he's been up to. These are his Hawaiian Saddles:

The Christmas newsletter explains what he is doing in Hawaii (being warm!) I love the carving at the top that he did.

Pete is a friend, and a respected saddlemaker and author. If you are interested in getting any of his books, click here for details.

Johanna

HawaiianSaddles.pdf

GorrellXmas09.pdf

Pete asked me to say hello to everyone and let you know what he's been up to. These are his Hawaiian Saddles:

HawaiianSaddles.pdf

The Christmas newsletter explains what he is doing in Hawaii (being warm!) I love the carving at the top that he did.

GorrellXmas09.pdf

Pete is a friend, and a respected saddlemaker and author. If you are interested in getting any of his books, click here for details.

Johanna

Yes, I agree, Pete is very respected and an all around good guy! He is also the proud new owner of the COBRA Class 4 Dream Machine!! Thanks, Pete. Steve

Very impressive. The front rigging on those are interesting, I guess there is always something new to learn even when you been at it as long as Mr. Gorrell. Thanks for the post.

It would be interesting to see a detailed pic of this special front rigging !

/ Knut

Aloha from Maui,

I got a chance to meet Pete last september in Waimea for the hawaiian saddle conference. At that point, I had practiced the rigging, but hadn't completed my first hawaiian saddle yet. Pete sure did a nice tribute to hawaiian saddles. Thanks for sharing those photos. I am really glad to get my hands on anything Pete writes. His saddle fit book is great, and he has a lot of wisdom to share in other articles like how to price your work (in shoptalk 2009).

There is very little out there on the internet about hawaiian saddles. I hope to help change that, and I'm glad to see Pete sharing and contributing too.

Mahalo,

Gretchen Cardoso

www.mauifriesian.com