Tina

The purse is finally done...

I promissed to put up some pictures, so here is my version of the stirup bag.

And Drac...The last picture is the pattern for the sides, it worked just fine but I am going to make it even wider at the top (+2-3 inces) on the next one:-)

Edited by Tina

Very Cool! Does the tooling pattern wrap around the bottom and can we see it?

Very Cool! Does the tooling pattern wrap around the bottom and can we see it?

I have those pictures at another topic here but I'll post them up here too:-)

Very nice Tina. The black and the high lighted area goes great. Nice looking purse.

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! :clapping:

I love the furry sides. Bear?? Swap the hangerthingies on the pullingcords for skulls and some pyramidnitar on top of the strap and I think it'll fit right into my heavy metal way of thinking!

Having troubles writing 'cuz my mind's so busy (yeah, I do have place for one thought at a time).

Tom

Thank you Larry:-)

Tom...No bear (I wish) just cow:-)

Absolutely Beautiful. I love it. You have done wonders with the bag. VERY VERY VERY NICE!!!

just beautiful tina, was it for a customer or for yourself?

That is unbelievable!!!! I kinda hope I never get THAT good. The basic purpose of a purse is to carry all your important belongings with you in case you may need them at a later point in the day. If I ever get to that level of tooling, I'd be emptying my wife's purse out all the time to show all of the hidden artwork on the bottom. GREAT JOB. I can't quit coming back to it and looking again. I hope you put a good closure on there to avoid "the spill" at least 20 times a day.

That is unbelievable!!!! I kinda hope I never get THAT good. The basic purpose of a purse is to carry all your important belongings with you in case you may need them at a later point in the day. If I ever get to that level of tooling, I'd be emptying my wife's purse out all the time to show all of the hidden artwork on the bottom. GREAT JOB. I can't quit coming back to it and looking again. I hope you put a good closure on there to avoid "the spill" at least 20 times a day.

Thank You Spider, very nice of you:-)

No Roo to both, just "tooling around". I'm making some ideas I have in my head to create a portfolio for a new web page, I need to have something to show:-)

ChaChi, first off, great thanks for your nice comments and glad you find it worth looking at more than once.

I wish it would hold for up-side-down but it's only a string around and I'm affraid everything would just fall out:-(

About the quallity of the tooling, well, I think I have loads to improve on that one, aspecially to do the straight lines, tricky suckers:-) Because I'm new to this I might have a chance for the future?

Tina, we are our own worst critics. Your tooling is top notch. My wife want this bag. I can't get her to stop drooling on my shoulder when she looks at it while I am in front of the computer. I had to put plastic wrap on the keyboard to keep it from getting wet. LOL

All kidding aside, that is an AWESOME purse!

Thank You Spider, very nice of you:-)

No Roo to both, just "tooling around". I'm making some ideas I have in my head to create a portfolio for a new web page, I need to have something to show:-)

ChaChi, first off, great thanks for your nice comments and glad you find it worth looking at more than once.

I wish it would hold for up-side-down but it's only a string around and I'm affraid everything would just fall out:-(

About the quallity of the tooling, well, I think I have loads to improve on that one, aspecially to do the straight lines, tricky suckers:-) Because I'm new to this I might have a chance for the future?

Did you notice the little chain on top of my strömsländan bag? Just for that purpose i attached the chain, that bag will contain two pretty expensive flyfishinreels and, bummer if they fall out.

I love the ceramic angled blade for long (or short) straight lines, the angle is perfect and makes it really easy to navigate along a scribed line, also I have a forehead light, LED type to avoid shadowing. Of course I don't have many blades to compare to here at Tjäderläder Sweden.

Yeah, right, and I'm as athletic as a refigerator!!! ;) C'mon, your stuff rocks!!!

Tom

Wow Tina! The carving alone would have been enough to WOW us but the creation of something useable! OUTSTANDING! Love it!!!! :spoton:

That is really cool! Great job. I like the design and the hair on hide.

ArtS

bustedlifter Thats vey nice of you to say:-)

tazzmann Wow *SSS* I'm happy your wife likes it, means I'm on the right track:-) I like celtic or what I would like to call it, viking ideas (have you ever seen the typical run stones, Sweden is full of them and they all tell a story, I'll paste in a picture of one at the end of this answer, cool stuff) and gothic/neo-gothic inspired designs/items. Say big HI to wife and great thanks:-)

Your so very right about "we are our own worst critics"...I know this and still, I keep going on it *blushing*

Tom I'm on to some idea with a "lid" (don't know the proper name in english...flap?) Just need to experiment some more cuz I really like this construction for a purse, it's easy to incorporate hair on hides and such.

The ceramic blade is my next investment, the more I read about it the more it make sense, I only use the filigree blade to everything.

Last but not least, Thank you for your comment, cracks a smile:-)

Great Thank you SCOUTER, your comment are always so nice:-) I just said to hubby the other night when I showed him some items, "look, you can actually use them". I simply love the versatility of leather, it's awesome:-)

Thanks Art...I did grab some boxes on ebay with that hair-on-hide and got a nice collection that will be very useful, this is not the last one with fur:-)

Edited by Tina

about time ya got it finished, slacker! *L* now that is mighty fine and something all of us making bags should try to get to the level of. congrats!

Great Thanks Drack from "the slacker" :-)

This was my first try at hand sewing and it took longer time than expected, but I'm on the way to make yet another one, just cant deside which theme, to many to pick from.

the more ya do of 'em, the faster you'll get at it. can't wait to see what design you decide to use next. how long did it actually take you to do everything? personaly, I hate projects that take me longer than a day to do. I'm used to being able to do at least 3 of me main item a day and I still feel like a slacker.

Thank you Johnny, very nice of you:-)

Drac...

It is hard to tell time, in my usual self I do more than one thing at the time. I'm very easily borded or have no patience to wait (when drying time and such is required) so I jump between 2-4 projects at the time. I know i did the sewing one evening, going in to early morning hours...Just couldn't get the thing down until it was done. tooling on the main part + 8 hours, just drawing the patterns probably around 4-5 hours, then lining, all straps and assembly of the rest, geee, that's a whole lot of time.

I hope it is anything of what you say, "the next will go quicker", I'm just on my way of starting 2 new, couldn't make a choise between them and need to fill out time, I have 2 older project going too that starts to get towards the end...well, still going to take a week or so:-)

I'll keep you'll informed with pictures and stuff.

Have a great evening evrry one//Tina

Awww! It's all cute and furry! I was worried about the blacked out design, but with the black fur it looks like a wereleopard... or a purse for one! I love it. Almost makes me want to cancel my man-card and carry it!

Brent

Awww! It's all cute and furry! I was worried about the blacked out design, but with the black fur it looks like a wereleopard... or a purse for one! I love it. Almost makes me want to cancel my man-card and carry it!

Brent

Brent I say sport it if you like it.

Brent

Brent, Brent...I didn't know that about you;-) Happy you like it *S*

Well that turned out REAL nice Tina, is there a lining in it as well?

Ken