Rohn

A Couple Of New Holsters To Fit One Of The Big Ones

Here are a couple of holsters I made to fit the Taurus Raging Bull .44 mag. with 8 3/8 inch barrel.

post-25449-0-33577400-1432053734_thumb.j

post-25449-0-89255600-1432053736_thumb.j

post-25449-0-84187800-1432053737_thumb.j

post-25449-0-82185900-1432053739_thumb.j

Nice holsters. Rohn, you r lacing is looking good.

Thank you Camano Ridge. I appreciate the comment.

Very nice Rohn. The basketweave looks great and must have been time consuming.

Stu

Thanks Stu. Actually I have done hundreds of holsters and belts with basket weave and it doesn't take me that long anymore. The holster in the last picture took me the longest because you have to turn the tool a forth of a turn for every tap of the mallet.

Wow, nice stamping and lacing! I wish I had the patience to do the double loop or any other type of lacing. I just don't have it in me. Those look great!

Thank you Jon P and Ablalock9 for the nice comments.

Rohn...That's one good looking holster!

Very Nice Indeed!

I have many things to learn. Very nice work. I love big revolvers.

Bruce H & Otto6494 - Thank you both for the nice comments. I also love big revolvers.

Nice tidy work.And the colour looks good also.Job well done

Looks good Rohn!

Eddie

This would be a source of pride to were on my side ! Excellent workmanship ! Wild Bill46

Thanks guys for all the nice comments. I do sell quite a few of these big holsters.

Edited by Rohn

Very nice work. The attention to detail is a sign of pride. I'm sure you do sell a lot of those. Thanks for posting them.

Hi Rohn.

I decided to make my first holster after viewing your post, and seeing your Beautiful Workmanship.

You have a great eye for detail also. On my holster I did no tooling and instead of lace I stitched the holster. I just wanted to learn basic holster construction. My problem is that my retaining strap snap on the inside of holster rubs on the gun. How can I solve this on my next holster? Am I using the wrong L20 snaps?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks for sharing,

Howard

Howard,

If you could post a picture of your holster it would help ( picture is worth a thousand words). It the construction is like these two holsters you may need to move the strap up near the bend in the leather so the strap doesn't interfere with the gun. Hope I'm making my self clear on this.

Very nice job! You must be proud. Haven't done any lacing yet but I'll get there! Thanks for sharing Rohn.

very very nice. thanks for sharing Rohn

One Buckeye to another

Hi, Rohn,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I've been getting ready for a 2 week fishing/shooting trip. 1-1/2 week fishing for Golden Tout in the Sierra Mountains. Pack mule and hiking. This may be my last trip unless I can a chartered flight into the area. Getting to old for this type of trip. Back to the holster, I don't have a camera, but its on my list. I did move the snap and it works great. Also, put a 1-1/2/2 oz. leather patch over the it just in case.

Thank you for all your help

Howard

PS, Its 5:30 pm and its 112 Degrees outside. Hasn't been below 100 degrees during the day and 80 degrees at night for over 2 weeks. Can't wait to get to the high country. However, I do like the desert.

Howard,

Sounds like you are going to have a great time. Hope all goes well and you really enjoy yourself. Catch lots of fish and have fun shooting.

Great looking holsters, haven't been on for awhile ,sure nice to see a beautiful holster . I couldn't show mine it's made to use what I call it ain't pretty but it works and will last a lifetime . All leather needs is a little care . Great job wish my hands would let me do lacing like that. Keep it up have fun and live well.