Sign in to follow this  
chancey77

What Is Up With The M885 Tool Change?

Just got a new M885 and it is not at all like my old one!

It is almost twice as wide and impressions are 3xs the depth. Not a happy dude right now! I wanted the old one! In the picture the old M885 is on the left and its newer counterfeit part is on the right! Arghhhhh

post-28433-0-60198100-1364314941_thumb.j

Yep should have looked at my conversion chart! Hahaha oh well plenty of old ones on the bay for sale:)

Yeah, I got one of those sitting there at your recommendation!! :)

Hey, you didn't know they changed them though. On a similar note, I finally have some files and stuff on the way, so I'll be modifying my tools to fit my needs pretty soon.

I am a little baffled. Muted impressions and chrome filled lines are what we usually complain about. Am I understanding corectly that you want the muted impressions? I do agree it is frustrating that they are also changing the size of the tool impressions (and bigger is usually not better).

Maybe a little bit of time with the grinder would fixed the outer dimensions, then flatten those points on the crosshatching with a file, and you'd be set.