Sign in to follow this  
Regis

Robert Beard and Jeff Mosby classes are cancelled at the '07 IFoLG

Just talked to Carol Higgins and both Robert Beard and Jeff Mosby classes are cancelled at the IFoLG. None of the other classes are full "yet" so you can make changes. Sounded like Carol just got the info today and will be scrambling to work out changes.

Regis

Cancelled from what? Lack of enrollment? Seems early to be cancelling since I know from experience what procrastinators folks are. Heck, people show up day of wanting to attend...

From what I understand both of them have personal issues right now. Darn shame I was signed up for both of their classes, and they were the only ones I was really looking forward to. Oh well.......

Cancelled from what? Lack of enrollment? Seems early to be cancelling since I know from experience what procrastinators folks are. Heck, people show up day of wanting to attend...

I was also told both classes were due to personel reasons. Bob has cancelled all his classes and shows until he settles his father's affairs. Jeff had some changes in his personal situation which mean he wont be traveling as much. I also was told Rene Berend's wont be attending the show due to personal reasons and that Paul Burnett and Bill Gomer have health concerns but hopefully will be doing well enough to attend.

I don't think any of these people teach classes at these shows for the money. They all have a passion for leatherwork and are excited about passing on what they know and helping others improve thier skills. I think all of these guys would be at the show if it is at all possible.

There are still a lot of really talented teachers that are going to be there so hopefully everyone that wants to take some classes will find some of interest.

Clay

Hey Clay, I am back signed up here when it first came on line but did not say much because not too many people in, but I am back.

FYI, Bill Gomer is going to Ft.Worth, I think Riley is going to ride down with him or drive him, not sure yet. I will be there too but am bringing the wife with me this trip. I think that is why Riley is going with Bill so he don't have to ride with his mother.

For thoes of you who don't know Riley he is my son and is one of the 2006 winners of the Ann Stohlman Award.

Hope to see you at Ft Worth.

Randy

Hi Randy,

I am really glad to hear that Bill is going to make the show in Ft Worth. Must mean he is feeling better? I would really like to take a figure carving class from him someday. I think most people think of him as a saddle maker, but I have seen a couple pictures he gave to Robb Barr and they are really nice. Do you remember back in Denver when he was talking about doing a video series on making a saddle? He mentioned having videos of making the tree, engraving the silver, carving the saddle, doing some rawhide braiding etc. Do you know if he ever got anything going on that project? I think he started having health problems right after that and I haven't run into him again since then.

Hope you guys have a great time in Ft Worth. Wish I was going. Say hi to Riley for me.

Clay