Cyrex

Need Info On Going To Sheridan Wyoming

Hi all,

I'm planning a trip to Sheridan to check out as much leather crafting as I possibly can. And whatever other cool stuff is in the area to visit. Anyone have any advice with travel plans as I've never been there before. Not sure if there are planned leather events that I should consider planning my trip around? Definite 'must see' things to do? Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Definitely check out Kings Saddlery store and museum, Sheridan Leather Outfitters, Tom Balding Bits and Spurs, Bighorn Mountains, Don King Days is in September; polo, steer roping and match bronc riding. Sheridan is a very cool town. If you go in May, you can attend the best leather show on earth.

I can't believe I forgot about Custom Cowboy Shop, we used to live an hour east of Sheridan, and never missed a chance to stop and visit with Don. His shop is a must see. Might also check out the Bradford Brinton Museum near Bighorn and Story. Just ask them at King's or Butler's about things to see.

To whet your appetite, check out pictures of some of the shows and museums here. The King Museum is a must- you could spend days in there and not see everything. Be sure to stop at Sheridan Leather Outfitters (On Coffeen Ave near the south exit from the highway) too. The owner's dad is Bob Douglas, and he has all sorts of interesting tools for sale. Better bring money.Their leather is nice, too.The Mill Inn may be historic and interesting, but I noticed it needed a lot of work that wasn't being done during my visit this spring. There are other convenient places to stay in town, and if you like the night life, the Best Western is within walking distance. We really missed Bobby when he never came up the hill! Have fun on your trip, and do not be fooled- Wall is not the Disneyworld of Wyoming the signs promise it to be. Take pics and let us know how things go!

Johanna

...We really missed Bobby when he never came up the hill!...

Johanna

LOL! I can confirm that the Best Western downtown is a very convenient place to stay. I missed seeing you too Johanna, I was sort of on my own over there this year! BTW....spoke with Dot, yesterday, looks like I'm going to be there again next year, but we made some changes and I'll get to spend some time with my friends at the show, LOL!

Sheridan really is a fun town. I agree with all of the suggestions and would add the historic Mint Bar. If you have the chance to take a day trip, go see the memorial at the Little Big Horn...it's worth the drive!

Bobby

Edited by hidepounder

Thanks for all the great suggestions so far! They all sound great. I definitely want to see the T~Rex museum (being a Rex myself), and someone also suggested getting over to the Devils Tower. I'd really like to go during a leather show so I may have to see if I can squeeze into a room in may. Sounds like a lot of fun