TinyL

HOW TO USE BORDER TOOL?

Good morning,

I bought a border tool from Tandy thinking it would be obvious on how to use it. Boy, was I wrong! I have absolutely no clue and was wondering if someone would have the time to explain how to use it. Now matter which way i turn this little piece of plastic, I just can't figure it out. Thanks in advance!

TinyL

Good morning,

I bought a border tool from Tandy thinking it would be obvious on how to use it. Boy, was I wrong! I have absolutely no clue and was wondering if someone would have the time to explain how to use it. Now matter which way i turn this little piece of plastic, I just can't figure it out. Thanks in advance!

TinyL

Hi,

If you put down the number of the tool, that would make it easier:-)

Good morning,

TinyL

Would that be the white plastic tool that the swivel knife fits into?

If so, the longer slot is where the swivel knife blade is inserted (back off the screw, insert blade part of SK, turn screw till blade part is firmly in place); the other end is adjusted to where you want to cut the border (screw is then tightened) & placed against the edge of the leather... the whole tool is then drawn down against the edge & your border is cut.

If this is not the tool I'm thinking of, well, i'd need either a number (as Tina said) or a picture to help out.

border toolabove is the link to the tandy site for this. I think whinewine that you and I are thinking of the same thing. Now i just have to follow your instructions. Thanks for the help!TinyLBTW don't laugh, but originally I didn't even try it with swivel knife. DUHHHH on me!

border toolabove is the link to the tandy site for this. I think whinewine that you and I are thinking of the same thing. Now i just have to follow your instructions. Thanks for the help!TinyLBTW don't laugh, but originally I didn't even try it with swivel knife. DUHHHH on me!

Yes, that's the one!

russ

The blade part is secured with the screw. You then adjust for width &, holding the swivel knife just like you normally would, use the guide to draw/cut your border line.

Edited by whinewine

I find it easier to use a stitch grover for borders

I find it easier to use a stitch grover for borders

after you use the stitch groover, do you then cut with the SK? thanks

I was taught to use my wing divider to draw out the width of my border an take my knife to it. The down side to the Tandy border tool is that you cannot use it with an angled blade, it must be a straight blade. It wobbles around too much otherwise.