Sign in to follow this  
bluesman1951

Tools

I came across a site www.goodsjapan.com in my exploring .Saw some very fine looking leather working tools on the site . Decided to check them out on Ebay and found glowing reviews with a perfect performance profile . So I made a small order for some lacing nippers and other things . They arrived today less than 10 days after the order shipped direct from Japan . To say I am pleased is a understatement !!!!! Beautiful tools well made and I am convinced they will be a joy to use . I will order again with out hesitation ,cant say enough good things about this company . I know its not politically correct to order off shore ,but consider Weaver wont sell to you without a business lic. Osborne is the same way . Also Ohio Travel bag and on and on the list goes . This protectionism is just plain crap , I promise if some one makes it impossible to do business with them I will move on in the blink of an eye . When it comes to voting a company up or down I vote with my wallet . As far as I am concerned Goods Japan has exceeded all expectations and they have got my business . bluesman1951

Heh, if you have taken an economics class in the past ten years, they teach the concept of comparative advantage as a benefit. As an example, Columbia makes coffee a hell of a lot more efficiently than we do, and we make airplanes better than them. Therefore, common sense tells you we trade them airplanes for coffee. This benefits everybody. If we were to make our own coffee here in the USA, it would cost us more because of the more expensive labor, unfavorable growing conditions, and increased cost of doing business here in the states. Coffee would be unreasonably high priced. Same goes for Columbia, they cant afford to build their own airplanes. There is absolutely nothing wrong with doing business internationally, like i said, it benefits EVERYONE. If the USA produced everything it consumed, life would be much harder. We wouldn't be able to afford a comfortable life. I am going to check out their site now, thank you for sharing the information.

Other issues aside, goodsjapan sells awsome-great tools! Good value and better quality than most at any price. It is shamefull that no one here in the US is selling the tools they have. The lacing nippers are one of the best tools ever made. Their pricking irons are great quality at a good price.

Aaron

Have had my eyes on their pricking irons for a while now...bookmarked the site long ago.

Thanks for these posts, feel more confident ordering from them.

I didn't know about needing a business license for ordering from some dealers......does a dental license count ;)

My best guess is YES I think it does . How ever only your accontant can tell you if it fits into your deductions . It might fit as a hobby ,call it therpy and say its a stress reducer then maybe uou can claim it some how.. someho

Have had my eyes on their pricking irons for a while now...bookmarked the site long ago.

I didn't know about needing a business license for ordering from some dealers......does a dental license count ;)

My best guess is YES I think it does . How ever only your accontant can tell you if it fits into your deductions . It might fit as a hobby ,call it therapy and say its a stress reducer then maybe you can claim it some how.. someho

I have a set of their 1/4" alphabet and number stamps that I'm very happy with. If they had a smaller size I would have ordered those as well.

Has anyone tried their Swivel Knives yet? I've been looking at them on Ebay and thinking of ordering one to try it out. I'd like to hear how the cradle is, comfort-wise and how the swivel action compares to Bob Beard, Leather Wranglers and Chuck Smith.

HI,

I cant Compare their swivel knifes with the high quality ones you mentioned. I bought their most expensive one as an upgrade to my cheapo Tandy knife and it works like a Charm for me. Ball bearing makes a big difference and you can fit the length o you hand. It improved my work and made it easier to work longer. Maybe tha helps.

Greetings

Jonathan

Now I have to explain to my wife why I have Japanese leather tools coming

Damn this addiction, you guys are like enablers to a junkie

Glad to be of service!LOL Just make her something nice and your purchase may go unnoticed . Wishful thinking I know ,but one can hope . bluesman1951

Now I have to explain to my wife why I have Japanese leather tools coming

Damn this addiction, you guys are like enablers to a junkie

Is it just me, or do the books from GoodsJapan seem a bit on the high side? Maybe I'm missing something like they are 200+ pages and hard backed, but $60 seems a bit steep if the books are soft cover and about 48 pages.

Everything else seems quite reasonable, especially since they tools look to be of a very nice quality.

Been doing business with Simon(GoodsJapan)for over a year now and also find his tools awsome. Your order arrives in an timely manner and he is willing to get some items from other vendors in Japan if he does not supply them. Overall a nice man to do business with. The books are a bit high but well worth it, but be warned, they aint' in english.

Panther

I suspected that .Perhaps in the future that will change . All in all am very pleased with my experience with this company . bluesman1951

Been doing business with Simon(GoodsJapan)for over a year now and also find his tools awsome. Your order arrives in an timely manner and he is willing to get some items from other vendors in Japan if he does not supply them. Overall a nice man to do business with. The books are a bit high but well worth it, but be warned, they aint' in english.

Panther

If you're talking about the Studio Tac Creative books, that's what they cost. I had the Japanese bookstore in Little Tokyo order one for me and it was sixty something bucks.

Is it just me, or do the books from GoodsJapan seem a bit on the high side? Maybe I'm missing something like they are 200+ pages and hard backed, but $60 seems a bit steep if the books are soft cover and about 48 pages.

Everything else seems quite reasonable, especially since they tools look to be of a very nice quality.