Jeanine08

Spider Web Tooling Pattern

Looking for a tooling pattern for a holster or knife sheath that is a spider web. I've been searching everywhere I can think of and am coming up with nothing. Any help is appreciated!

Just go to images on Google or Yahoo. I always go here if I'm having trouble finding patterns.

Because holsters and sheaths are all different shapes and sizes I don't think you will find a carving pattern for a spider web specificaly for a sheath or holster. What I do is use my patern and draw an outline on a piece of paper then look at drawings of spider webs on the net and draw the web to fit with in the outline of the holster or pattern. For the most part I draw out the pattern on the leather lightly with pencil then use a swivel knife to cut the lines then bevel those cuts. Here are some examples that may get your creative juices flowing.

post-15001-0-59349100-1375314126_thumb.j

post-15001-0-80069900-1375315100_thumb.j

Just go to images on Google or Yahoo. I always go here if I'm having trouble finding patterns.

This is what I do too most times because all I can ever seem to find in books & so forth are Sheridan style. Nothing against Sheridan, it's just not my thing. After you type in what you are looking for in Google image finder, click on search tools. It will allow you to select line drawings to filter out the photos.