Sign in to follow this  
flyingcuda

I Need Help With A Bike Bag

hello folks, i need some help, i know nothing about bikes :( i had a gentleman come in and ask if i could do a bag for his bike, me being me, i said i could try :huh: he wants a bag to go under the windshield with three seperate compartments. is there a specific name for this type of bag? is there a pattern i could go off of? he doesn't want the leather too thick, what is the lightest weight leather i could use that would stand up to the elements? we live in canada so we get heat, humidity, rain, and if we have been naughty...sometimes snow in july ;) any leads in the right direction would be greatly appreciated! thank for your time :cheers:

flyingcuda

Type in windshield bag on the net. That should bring up several different kinds. I use 8/9 ounce for the body and 4/5 5/6 8/9 for the sides just what ever i have handy. 3 to 4 inches thick should be plenty room enough to get things in. Make sure he brings the bike by so you can measure and trial fit your patterns. Don't let him measure it for you !!! Or you will be sorry. People can't measure.

hello folks, i need some help, i know nothing about bikes :( i had a gentleman come in and ask if i could do a bag for his bike, me being me, i said i could try :huh: he wants a bag to go under the windshield with three seperate compartments. is there a specific name for this type of bag? is there a pattern i could go off of? he doesn't want the leather too thick, what is the lightest weight leather i could use that would stand up to the elements? we live in canada so we get heat, humidity, rain, and if we have been naughty...sometimes snow in july ;) any leads in the right direction would be greatly appreciated! thank for your time :cheers:

flyingcuda

I have one in pieces that I kept for a pattern down the road. Your profile doesn't list where you are located, but I would be more than willing to ship you the pieces if you promise to return them when you are done making your pattern and taking your reference pictures? I just never got around to making a pattern so I cannot help you out with that.

Just let me know.

Edited by King's X