Sign in to follow this  
Bevan

8 Bight Turk's Head

Gday folks

I have been tring to do an 8 bight turks head interweave on a bosal i have made ,Iam following a book i bought off Gail Hought .

I have no prob with the 8bight it self but am getting stuck on the interweave at the same spot for days now , even if i change it abit it still no good at the end , so i was wondering if some of you braiders might have the interweave passes so i can check the book i am following

I get stuck at this point

Pass over 2 ,splitting a parallel,under 2,splitting a parallel,pass over 1,under 1,over 1,under 3,

Pass over 2,under 2,over 1,under 1,over 1,under 3,

at this stage it is still ok , but then comes this

Pass over 2,under 2,over 1, and under 3,

it seems like i havent passed over enough on the last run .

any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Bevan

Gday folks

I have been tring to do an 8 bight turks head interweave on a bosal i have made ,Iam following a book i bought off Gail Hought .

I have no prob with the 8bight it self but am getting stuck on the interweave at the same spot for days now , even if i change it abit it still no good at the end , so i was wondering if some of you braiders might have the interweave passes so i can check the book i am following

I get stuck at this point

Pass over 2 ,splitting a parallel,under 2,splitting a parallel,pass over 1,under 1,over 1,under 3,

Pass over 2,under 2,over 1,under 1,over 1,under 3,

at this stage it is still ok , but then comes this

Pass over 2,under 2,over 1, and under 3,

it seems like i havent passed over enough on the last run .

any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Bevan

Its ok folks i worked it out , after 3 nights of staying up untill 3am 11:30ish and 1 am, i got sick up and feed, so i read all i could about splitting parallelsuntill i understood , then i thru the book away and tried doing it by looking at what i was doing and not the book all the time , and yep i was right , the book has a hickup, allz well that endz

well , i will post some pics when the Boss gets back from Melb late Jan

Cheers for now on this lovely hot day

Bevan

Its ok folks i worked it out , after 3 nights of staying up untill 3am 11:30ish and 1 am, i got sick up and feed, so i read all i could about splitting parallelsuntill i understood , then i thru the book away and tried doing it by looking at what i was doing and not the book all the time , and yep i was right , the book has a hickup, allz well that endz

well , i will post some pics when the Boss gets back from Melb late Jan

Cheers for now on this lovely hot day

Bevan

Bevan

I'm sorry some how I missed this topic. I know it sucks to ask for help and not receive an answer. For that I do apologize. I'm glad ya got it figured out tho and as ya found out sometimes it's best to put the book down and just really look at the knot and see how it progress. Next time ya also might post this in the braiding section. I'm not sure about others but I generally check that section a couple of times a day and will only go thru the rest of the forum if time permits. Good Luck and happy braiding!!

Mike

Thats ok Mike , like i said allz well that endz well,

I have been intouch with the people that done the book and they are going to fix it so others dont have the same prob and the braiding section will be my choice to post from now on.

Cheers for mate

Bevan

Yeah Gail's books do have a few hick-ups in them. I was just teaching someone to braid not long ago and we had to go over all the knots so I could find those hick-ups for her. LOL I know all about staying up all night trying to figure things out too. Just about 2 weeks ago I couldn't put my second interweave color on a 6 bight herringbone interweave! The worst part is I'd done it many times before but forgot. It's the nature of the beast I suppose. Gotta love it though.

Oh, and I was having trouble with an 8 bight gaucho interweave some time ago too. The button itself had a few turns as it was a handle, but I could never figure out how I kept ending up unsplit parallels in the end.

Hi there Entiendo

i have been in touch with Gail and she is going to fix a page in her bosal 2 book , was just a matter of missing picture and a pass of o1, u1, easely done !! and i suppose she does not have to read the book to do the knot so didnt pick it up ,

Once we know about splitting parallels and what it should look like it makes it so much easier !!

Cheers

Bevan

Edited by Bevan