JoshRBarker

Splicing A 4 Part Braid

Hello leather-smiths! I've been an artist all my life working in every media available. I'm pretty good st a lot of things, but with no formal training in anything art related, I'm master of none. Leather is no exception. I remember my father used to weave the ends of rope together to join two pieces seamlessly. I would love to learn to weave the two ends of a leather rope together to make a circle that seems to have no end. I think I am going to use a 4 part round braid, or a chain of crown knots. Any suggestions on what method to use, and either instructions or where to find instructions would be GREATLY appreciated. Having worked canvas, clay, wood, metal, plastic, and just about every other material known to man, I truly admire the leather craft. Its so beautiful in its nature. Thank u again for any help.

Edited by JoshRBarker

I would just make it in two strips wind one strip around a piece of wire twice then tuck the other over one under one in the opposite direction twice and hide the ends in the center.