jbird

Customer Service And Quality With A Sewing Machine!

I had a little reminder of some pretty dang good service and I thought after a few years of owning my cobra sewing machine I would give my review.

I first came to Cobra with a problem. I needed a machine bad and I was pretty new to the sewing machine world. So I asked around and called some other companies. But I was not happy with any ones outlook on my needs. Then I called Steve at Cobra the man was just the best help I could find and he did not down talk any one, he just told me what I needed and the options. So I bought a class 4 machine. I got it and wow? How the blazes does this thing work? So I called steve he walked me through the hole thing at 9;30 at night for over an hour. Ever since if I ever need help I call and he never disappoints. Its like having the best insurance program for free! And after a few years I am so happy with my machine. It's a gem that keeps shining. I just thought that I should give my thoughts after a lot of use like, 8 hours a day every day!

Well, not sunday lol.

Thanks Steve!

P.S.

How does your experience with your cobra compare ?

Disclaimer: I have nothing to gain from my review just my thoughts

Edited by jbird

I totally agree with Jbird. I bought a Cobra flatbed about a year ago. It was my first sewing machine. Steve has been the best. Even fixing it when I screwed up the machine by running it with the bobbin out and getting the thread all jammed in there. Plus now he has spent time on the phone helping me with my Luberto, which of course her didn't sell me. I'm a cobra customer for life. All because of the great customer service. Next purchase is going to be one of their strap cutting machines. I have no association with Cobra other than wanting to see a guy who helped me so much for nothing succeed.

I totally agree with Jbird. I bought a Cobra flatbed about a year ago. It was my first sewing machine. Steve has been the best. Even fixing it when I screwed up the machine by running it with the bobbin out and getting the thread all jammed in there. Plus now he has spent time on the phone helping me with my Luberto, which of course her didn't sell me. I'm a cobra customer for life. All because of the great customer service. Next purchase is going to be one of their strap cutting machines. I have no association with Cobra other than wanting to see a guy who helped me so much for nothing succeed.

I started doing business with Steve when he worked for his now competitor. Been doing business with his new company since he first started it. He has been always been a great gentleman, he has helped me work on machines, by phone, I did not purchase from him. I have a Class 4 Cobra which is a really good, nice machine to use and dependable. I feel Steve has set the bar pretty high in customer service. He is the reason I own a Cobra Class 4 machine. I knew I would always be able to tech assistance over the phone if I needed it, knew it would be courteous, correct and easy to understand. Steve is a gem in a world that is less polite, less considerate and less respectful as time rolls on. He has earned my respect, my business and friendship by being not only a super sewing machine guy but a credit to the business world in general. Good luck, you have earned it Steve. Just my 2 cents worth. Ken

I think you need to figure again on how long you have had your machine. You got it after i joined and i will of been a member for 2 years in August. So maybe you have had your machine a little over a year but not years.

I think you need to figure again on how long you have had your machine. You got it after i joined and i will of been a member for 2 years in August. So maybe you have had your machine a little over a year but not years.

LOL,

Thanks for the info, it was a rough estimate, my receipt says july so in about two months it will be two years.

As he says in open range "split-en hairs aint-ya Boss"

I will say for any one that is offended by the time line and since I am not that worried about it, I have had my machine for a good year.

but any way no matter how long its been that doesn't change any thing I said. and I am sure I will be saying it again next year and the year after.

Well I don't know for sure when I got my Cobra class 4, it has an early serial number. I suppose I have had my cobra machine about two years give or take a little.

I love it, and the time using it seems to just fly by.

The customer service I have received has been beyond belief. Especially in today's world.

As to Steve himself. He should change his name to Mr. Customer Service.

Heck, he's just a big o' teddy bear of a guy. Heart of GOLD and pretty darn well versed on sewing machines and how and why they do or don't work.

To top it off Steve has Never failed to help me with a problem or take the time to chat about things.

Look up all-around-nice-guy in the dictionary. You'll see Steve's face.

I said this

Joel

Thanks for the info, it was a rough estimate, my receipt says july so in about two months it will be two years.

Nope not spliting hairs. But i think most folks would agree ( that when you say you had something for a few years. It's 15 or 20 or more years not 2 years ).

I'm sure Steve is a good guy never heard anything different.

Nope not spliting hairs. But i think most folks would agree ( that when you say you had something for a few years. It's 15 or 20 or more years not 2 years ).

I would not agree (and probably most other folks) that a few years means that long. 15 or 20 years is what they call a $hit load in TX. A few years means 3 to me. But fortunately I've had the benefit of Steve's service and totally understand the point that the OP is trying to make. I interpret his post to be a rounding endorsement of the service Steve provides and not how long he has had the machine. Steve has always helped me and it appears I'm not alone. Being able to get answers and help when you need it, is invaluable for a new machine sewer like me.

Thanks to the OP and Steve!

What does "Few and far between" mean to you then?

What does "Few and far between" mean to you then?

To me it means their aint many of them and it's a long time before you see another one if ever. So what does it mean to you ?

To me it means their aint many of them and it's a long time before you see another one if ever. So what does it mean to you ?

It means there's way less than 15 to 20.

few (fyoomacr.gif)adj. few·er, few·est 1. Amounting to or consisting of a small number: one of my few bad habits.2. Being more than one but indefinitely small in number: bowled a few strings.n. (used with a pl. verb)1. An indefinitely small number of persons or things: A few of the books have torn jackets.

The way it was wrote implies to me that he had the machine for a good long while. While 2 years is a while it's not a long while to me.

You think i'm think your wrong and you think i'm wrong and that's your choice. Opinion's are like Butts. Most ever body has one.

I never said anything about Steve or his machines either. Never have met Steve or seen any of the machines he sells, except in pictures. The folks that have one seem happy with their machines and the service and help they get from Steve and that's great. That's what makes a business grow.

On the plus side i'm old enough to know that i don't ever thing.

The way it was wrote implies to me that he had the machine for a good long while. While 2 years is a while it's not a long while to me.

You think i'm think your wrong and you think i'm wrong and that's your choice. Opinion's are like Butts. Most ever body has one.

I never said anything about Steve or his machines either. Never have met Steve or seen any of the machines he sells, except in pictures. The folks that have one seem happy with their machines and the service and help they get from Steve and that's great. That's what makes a business grow.

On the plus side i'm old enough to know that i don't ever thing.

I apologies if the way it was written was miss leading.

Some great input every one, if you have a cobra machine feel free to give us your thoughts, as this will help those in need of input.

Josh

I apologies if the way it was written was miss leading.

Some great input every one, if you have a cobra machine feel free to give us your thoughts, as this will help those in need of input.

Josh

Thanks for the support, I appreciate it. Steve

post-15465-076205200 1305048758_thumb.jpSTEVE is THE MAN!!!

I would recommend his service without reservation.

He provides quality service in an industry where others would rest on their old reputations.

Respectfully,

Al Bane

Edited by albane

Al,

You and Steve have got to stop going to those spray tanning joints.

Art

post-15465-076205200 1305048758_thumb.jpSTEVE is THE MAN!!!

I would recommend his service without reservation.

He provides quality service in an industry where others would rest on their old reputations.

Respectfully,

Al Bane

Al,

You and Steve have got to stop going to those spray tanning joints.

Art

C'mon Art, move out to California and you could look like us too! LOL Steve

Ill have to say I appreciate Steve, Bob, and Ryan as I am just getting into sewing machines for my work. Picked up a CB4500 (from neels) and also got a 211G155 from craigslist. Finally got to talk with Steve this morning and Bob also to get some parts for my 211. Ryan was great with helping me with the few questions I had on the 4500 although to be honest it came all setup ready to go. Would recommend any one of these guys to help with both questions and to pick up a machine from.

They sure are making my head long plunge into sewing machines far easier. Cant forget our own guys Art and Wizcraft as well. All have been a great help to this greenhorn.

Steve is a great guy to deal with. He is willing to help with almost any machine question, even when the maufacturer won't return you phone calls. I had a machine that I bought when steve was still with _____ and when I had a problem they would not even return a phone call, I called steve and he walked be through a complete re timing of my machine. No matter what he sells I would buy from him, just for his customer service.

Randy

Steve is a great guy to deal with. He is willing to help with almost any machine question, even when the maufacturer won't return you phone calls. I had a machine that I bought when steve was still with _____ and when I had a problem they would not even return a phone call, I called steve and he walked be through a complete re timing of my machine. No matter what he sells I would buy from him, just for his customer service.

Randy

Thanks Randy! See you in Albuquerque. Steve