dougfergy

New Guy From Central Texas

Hi folks,

I found this site a couple days ago and got signed up so I thought I should introduce myself. I go by fergy, and I've been playing with leather crafting for several years on a really small time basis. I could probably count on my fingers and toes all the projects I've done with leather so you get the idea of what "small time" means. My best friend has done leather crafting for most of his life so I got some good OJT from him back at the beginning and some tudoring from some of the folks at Tandy when I asked.

I find leatherworking to be therapeutic relaxation, something I enjoy very much and hope to be able to keep doing even when I'm older and more decreppid than I am now.

I've made phone cases and knife sheaths mostly and have very limited equipment, do hand stitching and lacing and only have a handful of stamps so my designs are pretty predictable. I'm currently working on a buttstock cover and sling for my Rossi R92 levergun with ammo loops and such which is how I found y'all in the first place. I had splotched up my dye job and was looking for some tips and tricks to get it right. Got that figured out and saw the wealth of information here and decided to sign up.

Looking forward to learning from y'all and enjoying the chatter about leatherworking.

Welcome from Alabama.

Happy that you found the site and you will find a wealth of information here. Plenty of good folks to assist as well.

God Bless.

Ray

Thanks for the welcomes.

Welcome to the forum, lots of useful info here. Like you my stamp inventory was extremely limited and has grown to be very limited, but don't let that stop you. Read the forums and you will find so many ways to improvise tools and use yours in different ways to make up for not having the complete master set.