Here is a project that I recently finished. Some of you may have followed its construction on Facebook. I wanted to post the finished piece here for others to see. I was asked by some friends to share what happened with this leather carving.

This carving has found a home in Montana. It raised $4250.00 for the Great Falls Symphony Association at their Black Tie and Blue Jeans event on March 8th. The money that was raised goes toward their Education and Outreach Programs. This piece of art generated more activity and funds than any of the other items offered that evening.

You can find out a bit more about what went into piece and why it is titled "Heart of Montana" by visiting http://elktracks.net/shop/print You can also get information on the prints that are now available.

post-805-0-12875900-1363742158_thumb.jpg

Saw it when it was just the skull on FB. It turned out gorgeous. Thanks for sharing, Cheryl

Speechless...!

WOW!!!!

Hi Jim,,, Amazing work,,, as always!! Your attention to detail is something that inspires us all. Thanks for sharing. Ed

Stunning, thanx for sharing.

Really, really, nice!! That is what we are all trying to achieve, and what you seem to keep achieving. I normally don't like coloring in a piece because it doesn't look natural, however; in this case it just looks like, well like Mother Nature grew it that way. Can't ask for more than that. Glad to see it did so well in raising funds for a good cause. It just shows that not only leather workers can appreciate your art. Great Job!

Bob

Jim, that's some serious work right there!

Fantastic! ;)

You are a master!! :clapping:

I am absolutely fascinated by the buffalo skull. Would like to know more about how you did that.

You are a master!! :clapping:

I am absolutely fascinated by the buffalo skull. Would like to know more about how you did that.

The skull is embossed and elevated out of the oval. It is a little hard to explain. I've been asked to do something like this in a class and will probably be offering something soon. It will be a Texas focused theme but will have all of the same elements. It will probably be more of a course with several focused classes.

That is Truly Awesome! You are a master of the art!

Here is a project that I recently finished. Some of you may have followed its construction on Facebook. I wanted to post the finished piece here for others to see. I was asked by some friends to share what happened with this leather carving.This carving has found a home in Montana. It raised $4250.00 for the Great Falls Symphony Association at their Black Tie and Blue Jeans event on March 8th. The money that was raised goes toward their Education and Outreach Programs. This piece of art generated more activity and funds than any of the other items offered that evening.You can find out a bit more about what went into piece and why it is titled "Heart of Montana" by visiting http://elktracks.net/shop/print You can also get information on the prints that are now available.

I know this is an older post but this is absolutely f@&$! outstanding!