Froghunter

A question for the seat Gurus

OK, I am liking this seat thing, and would like to make up a couple of "samples" or what I hope to call them, off the rack customs.

Where do y'all get your seat pans? I have doing a search but everything I am finding is finished or way expensive for a core.

What should I expect to pay for a pan? Are there any that I should stay away from? I am trying to get some from different bike riding who have changed to an aftermarket seat, but really want to do some chopper pans. Stock seats are easy, I can use their core, but still need some more "samples".

I am not looking at making a mint doing these but it would be cool to add this to my offerings. I have been making a lot of custom cycle items for the past few years and now that I am carving, I thought I would branch out.

Any help, advice, etc. would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

OK, I am liking this seat thing, and would like to make up a couple of "samples" or what I hope to call them, off the rack customs.

Where do y'all get your seat pans?

I bought some small seat pans on ebay for sample seats. They are actually a nice pan, but just too small for anyones butt. Well, mine might fit, ahem!

What I did do was cut out 8 sample tops and tool and dye them. I had Sheridan, Pinstriping, Celtic, Japanese tattoo. I laced them to a black leather background to show the various styles. I mounted the background onto an easel, with my company name, it looked awesome. I put the easel in front of a friends booth at the Laughlin bike show, with a business card holder at the bottom. I went back two hours later, and the whole thing was gone! Big bummer!

I'm going to make another but who knows when.

Shirley

Frog,

I'm not sure what you call way expensive for a core....but the West Eagle pans that I use are available. They run $50+ if you have a friendly dealer.

Dave Theobald

Here's a link to an e-bay auction. I use these pans to build display seats on. I usually will wait for another auction if someone has already bid on them. Three for less than $45 includes shipping. That's about $15 a pan. I know ppl who even ride them. Not me. I make my own seat pan If I'm gonna put my butt on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lot-of-3-Ba...sspagenameZWDVW

Here's a link to an e-bay auction. I use these pans to build display seats on.

Yup, those are the ones I bought. They're great for samples.

Shirley

Thank for the info all! That really helps!

Especially the Ebay idea....the one place I hadn't looked!!!!

David, thanks for that info as well. Those look doable as well.

Y'all are the best!!!!!

yep!! ebay or baas. the baas pans are good and heavy