castor

English Bridle Leather In Canada (Ontario)?

Hi, I was wondering if somebody could recommend a supplier for english bridle leather in Canada, specifically ontario or at least nearby. I've been able to find a few places out west to order from but the cost of shipping doesn't really make it cost effective. I've also looked at American suppliers nearby but with the American dollar so high it ends up being more expensive than shipping a side from out west. I would be a really big help if somebody could recommend a supplier. Thanks!

Wickett and Craig has a distributor in Canada. A quick internet search only pulled up this. Just a phone number with no website info.

Wickett & Craig of America - Markham, ON, Canada | Yelp

I saw more contact info in an issue of Shop Talk magazine maybe a year ago, but I don't have it handy at the moment.

Paul

Castor, where are ya?

Might be worthwhile calling Tundra Leather, Hamilton, ON

Where in Ontario are you

You could try Aaron Martin Harness in Wallenstein. I just got some bridle leather from them and it was a nice piece. They sell retail and wholsale. Their number is 1 800 367 0639.

Wickett and Craig has a distributor in Canada. A quick internet search only pulled up this. Just a phone number with no website info.

Wickett & Craig of America - Markham, ON, Canada | Yelp

I saw more contact info in an issue of Shop Talk magazine maybe a year ago, but I don't have it handy at the moment.

Paul

Thanks for the reply! I'll try out that number today.

I'm in Toronto. I've emailed with Aaron Martin and Tundra Leather, Tundra doesn't have any bridle leather in stock and Aaron Martin only has black right now. So I think I'll try out that Wickett & Craig number from Markham and report back.

Looking forward to hearing more.

So I called the number a few days ago and got the answering machine for a company called Kitro Corporation. So the listing is wrong, which is sort of disappointing.

I've decided just to order from Wickett and Craig in the states because buying a side of their best quality leather, shipping it over here and converting to Canadian dollars, it still ends up being cheaper than buying lower grade bridle leather in Ontario. Its too bad because I would like to support local business and not wait for shipping but the price difference is just too high.

W and c long gone from Toronto now Moore Pearsal give Tony a shout good guy 4167893123 he has w and c leather and a lot more!!,

We and c long gone from Toronto now Moore Pearsal give Tony a shout good guy 4167893123 he has w and c leather and a lot more!!,

Thanks! I'll give him a call. Are his prices usually good?

Have you looked at Longview Leather, Calgary?

Have you looked at Longview Leather, Calgary?

Yes, the price of shipping makes it impractical for me.

Edited by castor

W and c long gone from Toronto now Moore Pearsal give Tony a shout good guy 4167893123 he has w and c leather and a lot more!!,

Just called him today, picking up sometime soon. Thanks!

What are their prices like?

I called Tundra last week and they don't have a lot available due to some project demands and the Canadian dollar tanking so I am limited to Tandy in Mississauga right now. Great people there but the leather hasn't been th best and they are renovating right now which has left them lacking space.