Stewart

Glue

Hi to You all,

I am wonderding if there is any thing better than Elmers rubber cement-glue

to bond leather to stainles steel?

Thanks

Stewart

Hi Stewart,

What I'd use is some good contact cement, like Barges, or Weldwood. Make sure you "rough" up the stainless with some sandpaper first, & then clean with alcohol. Once the alcohol is all dried off, then just follow the directions on the can. I would put two coats of cement on, before sticking them together,,, just make sure thet are positioned correctly. They will stick for good. Ed

Hi Stewart,

What I'd use is some good contact cement, like Barges, or Weldwood. Make sure you "rough" up the stainless with some sandpaper first, & then clean with alcohol. Once the alcohol is all dried off, then just follow the directions on the can. I would put two coats of cement on, before sticking them together,,, just make sure thet are positioned correctly. They will stick for good. Ed

Do what Ed says exactly..... solvent based contact cement is the best, just let it dry and use two coats.... I use weldwood and have no prlblems glueing anything, with the exception of latigo and oil tanned leather.

Do what Ed says exactly..... solvent based contact cement is the best, just let it dry and use two coats.... I use weldwood and have no prlblems glueing anything, with the exception of latigo and oil tanned leather.

Thanks to both Bob and Ed

Like welding roughing up is good-the cement I will get-Both to see what works for me

I believe my first problem was spill over from the " old Crow"

should have licked off but i was not that far gone

Again thanks Thats what i like abouut this Site.

People pay good money to learn learther craft and well

some people can't put out the $.

Thanks again

Joe Stewart