Eaglestroker

Hate To Let This One Go..

The first sling and butt cuff I made, I made for myself. A local fellow he would like to have one for his Winnie. I'm waiting on the Neoprene to come in so I can stitch the pad on and it will be done, turned out so nice I'd like to keep it for my own. It also makes my first attempt look like child's play. Let me know if you see anything that you'd change!

DSC_0673.jpg

DSC_0685-1.jpg

DSC_0694.jpg

DSC_0708.jpg

DSC_0711.jpg

post-19170-010547900 1321285898_thumb.jp

post-19170-014336700 1321285907_thumb.jp

post-19170-048938900 1321285917_thumb.jp

post-19170-070144600 1321285923_thumb.jp

Thank you both. I think it's time to invest in some good stamps now.

Wow, that's really impressive. Great job!

Wow, that's really impressive. Great job!

Thanks Matt, means a lot. It's all building up to a master project for myself :cheers:

Beautiful work. The pictures of the log pile and barbwire fence brought back so many memories of my Grandfather's farm that I got a litlle tearful.

Excellent! I consider that to be about perfect - simple, very practical, and looks great with the rifle.

Beautiful work. The pictures of the log pile and barbwire fence brought back so many memories of my Grandfather's farm that I got a litlle tearful.

Thanks, that's our hickory stack next to the smoker. Gotta stock up it's that time of the year!

Excellent! I consider that to be about perfect - simple, very practical, and looks great with the rifle.

Thank you. I put a good bit of my work on here but really felt this was something special.

Can't see a thing I would change. Beautiful work and rifle.

Can't see a thing I would change. Beautiful work and rifle.

Thank you.

I agree it looks very nicely done!!

I'd make one change if I was going to make one..... the Butt should really be sticking out a little, even if only 1/2" or 1". I could be wrong, but I have never seen one that goes right down to the end of the stock like this one.

Again, beautiful work!!

Jon

It depends on what the customer wants really. Most of the ones I have scene that are of any quality have the end covered.

I don't tend to copy others designs. If a need warranted me shortening it by all means, but 'Just cause' I've never seen one hardly means a design flaw. I'll eventually attempt a sewn on pad and it will allow me to use the same pattern for either.

Thank you for the compliments, Jon.

Max, I never claimed to be of any quality :)

Edited by Eaglestroker

Well you used some nice looking leather, looks nicely stitched both of which puts it above about 90% or more of the standard production crap out there. Also when compared to alot of the stuff being sold as "custom leather work" with which quality is questionable yours looks very good.

I took a long while before I started selling things, still only do occasionally because of my day job and house remodel. However alot of craftsman seem to get to the point of just being able to assembly something then they are off and selling there stuff without learning to refine it a little and get more of a professional look (not saying just neat and clean, to me chuckbarrows stuff allthough rustic and dated looking is still very pro looking). You have a nice neat clean product that looks good. Good luck.

Max, I do this for fun. This is for a local friend who is testing a few projects for me. Typically when I make something new I use it a good while. In that time I typically learn lessons that apply to any project, and Learn about what it is I have made. I agree too many people learn simply enough to make money. If that were me I'd make every style of holster under the sun but alas, that isn't my style.

I thought my first sling was great, then my skills enhanced. I'm sure that will happen with this piece as well down the road but its a fun trip we are on.