markush

Can Mold To A S&w 637 What Other J-Frames Will Fit?

I have a S&W 637 that I can use to mold holsters to and need to know what other S&W J-frame models will fit in my holsters. Is there a list or link that someone can share?

I know of the 637, 36, 37, 442, 642. I'm guessing there is more?

If I'm not bad mistaken, the Taurus M-85 Models should also do ya. Semper-fi Mike

Disregarding the hammer style, a J-Frame is a J-Frame is a J-Frame.

Pulled this from Wikipedia

Thanks for that list shooter. I've always discounted the 300 series J-frames because they have a full underlug barrel, am I right in doing so? Or would a holster losely molded in the barrel area work and be considered ok. What about the .357 models...is the cylinder and cylinder window the same dimensions as the .38 models?

Edited by markush

Good call on the cylinder.

My Rings dummy gun for the 38 special j-frame has a cylinder that measures 1.517" long. My Model 60 in .357 measures 1.596"

The barrel on the dummy gun extends 1.237" past the frame, the barrel on my Model 60 extends1.552" past the frame.

I've never compared them to each other before. I'm glad you brought this up.

Thanks for the measurements! My 637 cylinder measures at 1.593 so it's comparable to your M60. I'm sure your M60 has an 2.125" barrel which is a 1/4" longer then my 637. So it looks like I can mold for any J-frame that has the 1 7/8" barrel. Anyone want to throw a monkey wrench into my observation?

Edited by markush