I am starting my business to sell our hand made inside stitch collars and leashes made of Italian leather and soon Elk leather from Sweden and Finland. We focus on quality leather and comfort for our dogs. The inside stitching gives the product a good finish in that no stitching is visible on the outside and no edges to bother the pet. Inside the round collar or leash is a nylon string to keep the product strong. What do you guys think of our products? I would really appreciate your opinion. www.timelypetsuppliesusa.com

Thank you,

Anita

post-40675-0-23291000-1364845855_thumb.j

Edited by anikli1982

That's very interesting. How do you do this inside stitch? Do you stitch it inside out and then invert it over a round core? I'm interested in finding out how it's done.

Andrew

That's very nice. The product looks very well finished, and I'm truly curious how you did this inside stitch thing.

I'd put it on my pets. It's so nice that it could be a human accessory, too.

Thank you all for the nice comments. I would love to share with you how it is made but we have a patent pending on this method of inside stitching and I can't reveal any details at this time.

It looks like it is done the same as piping is done or a very similar method. Great job BTW.

No, it is not like the piping method because there is no stitching at all. It took an engineer over 9 months to figure out how to do this and we still modified his way of doing it. Its very labor intensive! Thank you for taking your comment.

Well I love the way it looks. :). Great job

You call it a "inside stitch" yet in your last post you say "there is no stitching at all". I went to your website and looked at the long round lead. You definitely can see where the outside sleeve was sewn inside out, then pulled within itself, so the grain side is on the outside. I guess then you would pull the cord through.

post-9397-0-49235900-1364945699_thumb.pn

Hi Anita,

Having been in business for over 60 years I am always a little skeptical about folks having web sites for businesses with no

indication of where your place of business is located. I do realize your Site is a work in progress. All of the items on your site are sold out except one or two.

What is that all about? Your Domain was registered one month ago and is only valid for two years. Your SSL certificate was issued several years ago so I

suppose you have been in business under another name that I came across.

I believe a lot of us would like to know a little more about you if for no other reason, so we can "Get to Know You".

Your products appear to be top notch. Italian Leather is one of the best there is. Elk? Some good, some not so good.

One Location for you is Chicago, another is Texas. Both places? Are your products actually made in the USA or across the pond?

I am not "Picking" on you. There simply seems to be a number of questions that can be asked, you don't answer. I am not interested in how you

make your product. I know of at least ten or so on this forum that could figure that out.

Just clear the air a bit.

Regards,

ferg

That's why I thought it was similar to piping. That's how we did it when we made swim suits

Dear Ferg,

Thank you for all your questions and I understand your skepticism 100%. Let me share with you a little bit about me. My brother opened his business in Denmark (where we are from) back in 2003. He has been selling his products since then to the Scandinavian market and to few European countries. I have just recently joined him and want to introduce these products to the American market. My primary focus is on small pet stores in Dallas/ Fort Worth area in TX where I reside. My secondary focus is on selling our products online. As you have mentioned my website is not ready yet and I know that I have a long way before it will look any good. The products are out of stock because I am awaiting my next shipment any day now but it takes a while due to customs. I have literally just established my business and have never conducted business anywhere else so I don't understand what you found about us from Chicago. (maybe somebody was using the same name?) The reason why I do not have an address on my website is because I don't have an office yet, I am simply conducting business from home and I don't want to make that address public. I know I have a long way before everything falls in place but I am just taking one step at a time starting with a good product that I really believe in and love. I am just hoping that people will feel the same way. This is one of the reasons why I joined this forum to see what experienced leather professionals like your self thought of our product. I appreciate your criticism very much, that is the best way for me to learn what I need to improve.

Anita

My comments were only meant to help and to make it easier for folks to know who and what your intentions are.

Thank you for your informative answer/comments.

ferg

My comments were only meant to help and to make it easier for folks to know who and what your intentions are.

Thank you for your informative answer/comments.

ferg

My pleasure.

Out here in cattle country, everyone wants to see the stitching. Elk hide is definitely a superior leather. I couldn't live without my elk skin fencing gloves.

I really like our elk leather, its extremely soft! We import it from Finland and Sweden. I have also been thinking about organic elk leather. Have anyone had any experience using that?

I agree that outside stitching can look great but I personally prefer the inside stitching look on our products. I guess It is all about ones preference and taste.

Anita

Nice work, and my suggestion is to modify your patent. Your patent probably won't be granted as a 'process', simply because it isn't new or unique. An inside out tube, even in leather, has been around for quite a while. I'm not saying this to discourage you, but try to save you money and time on a patent application.....not to mention the fact that there will be knock offs on the market within 1week of your public release of the products.

I've seen round leashes with no stitch line before, in fact there seem to be more and more of them showing up at superzoo every year. The use of elk leather with these types of leashes are also not unique, there's at least two dog botiques near me that I've recently seen them in. I'm not trying to squash your dream but you should know that there are already a couple of well established companies that have already brought this to market.

I am actually not even bothering with a patent, you are right there is no need for that. The fact that somebody else is making a similar product is not always a bad thing. In fact many times competition is a positive and driving factor to do better. I have had several wholesalers ordering my products already so I am not too concerned. I would like to know who they are though, do you happen to know any of their names?

Thank you

I am actually not even bothering with a patent, you are right there is no need for that. The fact that somebody else is making a similar product is not always a bad thing. In fact many times competition is a positive and driving factor to do better. I have had several wholesalers ordering my products already so I am not too concerned. I would like to know who they are though, do you happen to know any of their names?

Thank you

Unfortunately I don't but the next time I'm in one of the shops I'll take note and post back. They weren't made very well, you could feel the rope core under the cheap leather. The ones I've seen at superzoo were of a higher quality, you can probably google last years participants and check their websites.

Yours looks really nice, well made and better than the ones I've seen. Good luck.