gunlocators

Newbie Needing Help

Ok I have been doing some seed beading native american patterns on a loom and now want to place them on leather. First project I want to do is place a strip of beads on a leather watch band. I suspect i need to stitch these bead strips to leather thus need some suggestions if I am on the right track. Also what size weight leather strips do i need to use that can be easily stiched also recommendations of where to buy the strips would be greatly appreciated...

Thank You ALL

You could probably do well with pre-cut bands available at Springfield Leather and or Tandy. If you happen to be near Birmingham, there's a Tandy on Atlanta highway down in Hoover. If that isn't an option, I suggest checking at Hobby Lobby (they have a leather craft section) and looking at the Leather Factory wristbands. I think it's a five pack. Most of the pre-cut wristbands already include the snaps, or have holes punched for them.

If you happen to be in or near Mobile, there's a store called "Beads-n-leather" on the loop (they sell both, and have a gorgeous selection of turquiose as well) - or - if you don't need to much to start with I can cut some straps from what I have.

You could probably do well with pre-cut bands available at Springfield Leather and or Tandy. If you happen to be near Birmingham, there's a Tandy on Atlanta highway down in Hoover. If that isn't an option, I suggest checking at Hobby Lobby (they have a leather craft section) and looking at the Leather Factory wristbands. I think it's a five pack. Most of the pre-cut wristbands already include the snaps, or have holes punched for them.

If you happen to be in or near Mobile, there's a store called "Beads-n-leather" on the loop (they sell both, and have a gorgeous selection of turquiose as well) - or - if you don't need to much to start with I can cut some straps from what I have.

I will check out beads and leather i I am in Daphne just moved from west texas we had a tandy in the town i lived in there. I checked hobby lobby here but the wristband blanks were too small for my wrist

Beads n leather does have a (limited) selection of leather and they're willing to cut some of it. I think the biggest they had last time I dropped by was a single shoulder, but of course that will vary. Their phone number is [tw0 5 one six 6 zero ten o five] . If you don't find what you're looking for there, give me a shout in the PMs and I'll cut some of mine for you.

And pardon my forgetting in the first post......WELCOME TO LEATHERWORKER.NET!

Hey, Happy to see others from Alabama on the site.

I could email; you some information but don't know how to go about getting you email address without exposing to the world. I'll try to figure it out but not very good at figuring out computer tricks.

Ok I have been doing some seed beading native american patterns on a loom and now want to place them on leather. First project I want to do is place a strip of beads on a leather watch band. I suspect i need to stitch these bead strips to leather thus need some suggestions if I am on the right track. Also what size weight leather strips do i need to use that can be easily stiched also recommendations of where to buy the strips would be greatly appreciated...

Thank You ALL

Hi Helmut. See the little envelope under Twin Oaks avatar/icon? Click on that and it will take you to a Private Message to Twin Oaks. Write your message, and send. When you get a green square with a number on it above your avatar in the upper right corner of the webpage when you are logged in, it means that you have a reply. Click on your name at the upper right, and it will open a small menu. Select "Messenger" and it'll take you to your unread messages.